Friday, October 11, 2013

Ruby turned SEVEN!



I can't believe my sweet little Ruby is seven years old. She is such a bright spot in our family. We started the day with breakfast in bed. She was kind enough to share with her brothers and sister. You can see that Simon and Greta stole donuts.





Then she put on her new birthday shirt and headed to school. I was always jealous, with an August birthday, of kids who had birthdays during the school year - I don't know why! Later that day i took balloons and donuts to her class. I think she liked the special attention. 

 When she got home from school, I was most excited to let her open her "big" present ... her rainbow quilt! She knew I had been working on it and had seen the quilt top, but didn't know that I had finished it. She was SO surprised and loved it a lot. Yay! ((I plan on taking better pictures of it and making a separate blog post. If you follow me on instagram, you've seen #rubysrainbowquilt.))




Happy 7th Birthday Ruby!


2 comments:

  1. what a treat to have a 7y old who is soooooooooo happy with her present :-)

    Nowadays it seems like presents have to bigger and bigger, so it's very nice to see she is so pleased with the best present ever: a handmade one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing mom! And I totally know why you were jealous of kids with birthdays during the school year. They got to celebrate at school and feel special. I have a July birthday and felt the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear from you ... thanks for the comment!