Time is priceless, yet it costs us nothing.
You can do anything you want with it, but you can't own it.
You can spend it, but you can't keep it.
And once you've lost it, there's no getting it back."
Deep, right? I mean, for primetime television anyway. Megan is probably laughing at me now. I made her save the episode on her DVR so I could write that down. :)
But, really, it's amazing how TIME in and of itself is so priceless. I wish I could have spent time with my own mother today. Or my sweet Grandma who passed away one year ago (yesterday).
I enjoyed Mother's Day to the fullest (I may or may not be indulging in some naughty chocolate cake). David got up with the kids and let me sleep until 11 (I'm no lightweight when it comes to sleep. I'm not one that can say "I slept in til 8:15!" That's not "sleeping in" in my book) and they made me a card and brought me breakfast in bed (which the kids sat and helped me eat). Church was nice and I was so tickled to see Max sing with all the primary kids for the first time. I use the term 'sing' lightly since he really just stood there and smiled. It was funny - heaven knows he's not shy about performing. I also got some time to work on my quilt (see post & poll below) this afternoon while David and the kids napped. Gee, I wonder why I wasn't tired? And I discovered this sweet blog post from Mr. SewSara himself. *blush*
Happy Mother's day to all my dear friends!
What did you do to celebrate?












6 comments:
Cute pics Sara! Glad you had a Happy Mom's Day!
Sara, you are so beautiful! I loved David's post about you, and the picture of you on it.
One sweet thing Kent did was make me a personal pizza just the way he thought I'd like it. It had things on it that he and the kids won't touch... mushrooms, peppers, pesto. Mmmmm. I walked past and threw a little handful of pine nuts on too, when he wasn't looking. He admitted at lunch that my pizza was way better than plain old pepperoni and cheese. Victory.
I love that show! But sometimes they're a little too scary for me. =) What a sweet post - I love the photos.
Glad you had a great day....AND got to sleep in!!!
For the powdered sugar, a box is one lb. Let me know how they turn out!!!
Sounds like you had a perfect day! Sarah has the same dress as Ruby...it's funny how they always seems to dress alike. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Such cute pics Sara! I love that quote about time, so true! I hope everything is going well and you're safe down their because of the weather!
Post a Comment