Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Hawaiian Chicken (crockpot)
We had this for dinner last night so I just thought I would share. Plus, if I put it on my blog maybe I can find the recipe easier next time I need it!
Hawaiian Chicken
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (put them in fresh or frozen!)
2- 20 oz. cans pineapple slices, drained
2-15 oz. cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 t. salt
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground red pepper
Top with: Green Pepper Chunks and toasted almonds
Mix all ingredients (except Green Pepper and Almonds) and place in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Add green pepper chunks to slow-cooker one hour before serving. To serve, spoon over steamed rice and top with toasted almonds- YUM!
What did you have for dinner last night? I always need new recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













7 comments:
wow this sounds great....we just had french bread pizza. nothing fancy. my hubs is not home but the kids still need to eat.
Yum that sounds so good!!! I will add that to my recipes. How do you work out dinner at your house. Do you and your mom work together on it or do you all take turns? When my mom was here we usually ended up working together on it.
That sounds delicious, I will have to try it as I love crockpot recipes!
That sounds really good! Have you ever had Hawiian Haystacks? We love them at our house especially because the kids kind of get to pick their own toppings. I also used them for a work party. I brought the chicken and everyone else brought a topping. I lost my receipe so I went searching online. Here is a link http://deliciousdishesyum.blogspot.com/2008/01/hawaiin-haystacks.html
Looks delish! I'm always looking for good crock-pot recipes. Last night we had fried grouper, fried squash, fresh creamed corn, and tomato slices.
I am your newest follower! I love your blog! This recipe sounds great!
Totally going to try this :) The name makes me giggle. (BTW Brady just saw Max's pic in the side bar and said "Whoa! Max is so big!!" hehehe)
Post a Comment