Thursday, June 2, 2011

Max meets the Mayor

((I apologize if you already saw these pics on facebook))


My kids ask for A LOT of stuff. Toys, trips to the park, disneyland, chuck e cheese, you know how it is with kids. So when Max asked if he could meet the mayor, I thought, "Now that I can do!" I figured I would at least email our mayor, John Curtis, and see if we could drop by his office sometime. He answered right away and we visited yesterday. It was Max's idea, but the rest of us tagged along. He asked me several times that day "What's the mayor's name?" and when we walked in, he promptly shook his hand and said "Nice to meet you, Mayor John Curtis." hehe! I could tell he was nervous but excited.

 In case you're wondering where he got the idea. Mayor Shelbourn from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs! After watching that and The Music Man (Mayor Shinn), Max asked if we had a mayor in our town, too. Thank goodness for movies teaching my kids about the world. ;)
You can see he meant business. They had a very serious conversation there. The mayor asked if he had any ideas or questions -- look at Max's expression!


^Signing important documents, and not even in Kindergarten yet.

Max was just pleased as punch! He came home and told his friends all about it.

^ Two seconds before Simon pulled down that flag.

 Check out Max's photo on the mayor's blog. Our cute little politician.
Thanks, Mayor Curtis!

p.s. Just noticed that I am featured on Tip Junkie

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That is so awesome! Great photos! I especially like the first one. Max looks so grown up. What a neat experience.

xo -E

aimee said...

That is hilarious. He looks so cute. If he wants to make the mayor rounds I'm sure we can work something out with ty's dad:). Your a good mom for setting that up---made me smile.

Hil said...

Oh my goodness this is too adorable for words!

Congratulations on being featured on TipJunkie. Wish I had me some cute little girls for those cute little headbands.

Megan said...

You are such a good, cute mom. I would have said not on your life and been done with it.

Last night aimee and I made your fancy pens. Thanks for the idea!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I love this post!

Leslie said...

that is the most awesome field trip for your little politician....

Ang Campbell said...

I love that Mayor Curtis has Max's picture on his blog :) Too cool. I just love all the pics of Max all business w/the mayor. Too cute! Congrats on your TJ feature too!

Angela said...

Wow, that is great! I would have said, "No way and that the man is too busy!" This is fabulous! You have inspired me to think twice when my kids ask for something. Thanks.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Wait a second, here. Nobody told me you've got to wear a tie to meet the mayor.

Thanks for your example Max!

courtney said...

Oh how I love Max! Glad you made this happen for him.

Clair said...

Ok, this is the most adorable thing ever. Love this post. Love the pics. How fun! And what a great mom for making it happen :)

Clair said...

p.s. cjane commented on your blog??

Jocelyn said...

I can't even tell you how incredibly wonderful this is. I LOVE IT!

Quiltstory said...

That is soooo cute and sweet and funny! What a nice mommy you are :)

Kristen said...

Max looks like such a little man. What a cool experience. You're so cute to do that for him.

Amy said...

Precious that he wanted to meet the mayor! It sounds like a fantastic visit and such a great memory for him!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates