Thursday, February 21, 2013

Skate Night//Blogging in real time!

The whole point of blogging is to remember stuff, right? That's one of the main reasons I do it. And of course to share it with friends/family who are not nearby. But all too often, I take all these pics of things I do and then if I don't blog about it quickly, I get behind and then figure, "eh ... that's old news." And I lose my motivation to blog about it at all.

Case in point: Valentine's Day. Long gone now. (but I still might post about it - just warning 
you).





Tonight was Family Skate Night w/ the elementary school. The kids brought home fliers about a week ago and basically we couldn't say no.




We went last time (in the fall, I think) but we were roped into skate rentals and over-priced food, and wristbands for the bouncy houses and climbing wall stuff. Not so "free" like the fliers advertised, of course.




So this time the kids took their scooters. We learned last time that most kids don't even skate, but rather ride their scooters. And we prepped them in the car that we were not shelling out cash for food or climby-things.

Max was loving his scooter with light-up wheels!
 He got it for Christmas and hasn't been able to really ride it much, yet.


One of my favorite thing about going to events like this is seeing how the kids interact with their friends. 
 

Also, it warms my heart to see them interact with each other, as siblings, around their friends. Like when Simon tries to keep up with the big kids and they slow down to wait for him.


 Or when Ruby puts Greta on her hip and walks around the rink, and all the little Kindergarten girls loving on her cuteness. Doesn't get sweeter than that!












Greta was clapping her hands with the music.

Whew. Feels good to write about something that just happened.
I was there, too. Behind the camera, of course.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a chronic put-it-off'er too and then think it's too late to bother posting pics or blogging about something. I want to get back in the swing of regularly blogging as things happen. Looks like you guys had such a fun night!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear from you ... thanks for the comment!