| sneak peek |
So I'm gonna just blab for a minute and let you get on with your weekend. TGIF!
It's been quite the week, with so much heavy stuff on the news. Are you all feeling as wiped out as me? I am thankful to be safe with my family, but my heart sure goes out to those who are suffering.
I have a new nephew, born on Monday in North Carolina. Sweet little Lane Maxwell, who has FIVE older brothers! Pics on instagram. And my oldest nephew opened his LDS Mission Call last night. He will be serving in New Jersey! So excited for him.
I have been sewing like crazy this week to catch up on some custom orders (and a few favors for friends). I started some of them last week, but I just counted them up:
7 name blankets
2 sets of burp cloths
2 car seat covers
1 big sister shirt
![]() |
| just a few of the recent orders. |
Just as I'm just finishing the exhausting dinner/bath/bedtime gig (dad's at a meeting) and I'm walking out of the bedroom whispering goodnight, ruby says "hey mom?" (Whaaaat?) "How do babies even get IN your tummy?"
Uhhhhhh....
-- I can't even remember what I responded, I was a little thrown off my game. haha. I should have said 'Ask your dad!'
I'm leaving today for the weekend to see my best friend Nikki. We have known each other since 1st grade! I told myself that once Greta weaned, that I would go visit her and see her new home. She is a single gal so I am guessing her house is QUIET! She keeps asking me what I want to do and I have to assure her that NOTHING is basically what sounds awesome. And maybe a little SLEEP. Of course we'll do plenty of talking/eating/laughing, too. And I think there's something about a massage on Saturday. Nikki is a massage therapist herself, so she always schedules them for me if I visit. Pretty sure the last one I had was 2 years ago, the last time I was up there to see her!
| with my babies |
So - this weekend is my mom "time out" I guess. I may or may not have thrown a tantrum in order to make it happen. Just kidding. I love my kids like crazy but I think a little time away will be good for all of us! The kids don't understand why I would want to go somewhere ALONE. I explained that it's just like when they want to go to a friend's house and have a playdate. Mom needs some time with her friends, too!
I was worried I'd be really sad about Greta weaning, but it hasn't been bad at all. It happened so gradually, too. Nice and easy! This is my last time leaving her overnight, though, so I'm sure I'll miss her like crazy. The others will hardly notice I'm gone. ha!
Have a good weekend!
P.s. I have to add these funny pics. I found Ruby leading Simon in some stretches and dance moves the other day. ha!
I have no idea if this post qualifies (Mandy, tell me if I'm way off), but I'll link up here:















1 comments:
Hey, us mom's need and deserve some time away!! I think our sanity depends on it ;) glad to hear that weaning has been so easy! It was smooth sailing for both of my boys, I have found that gradual weaning is easier all around. And yay for so much sewing!! You are so talented,
Post a Comment