I finished the top for Charlie's quilt. I love how it turned out. The half-square triangles are a lot of cutting/pressing/trimming, but they sure are worth the effort. The top is approximately 40"x50."
I'm anxious to get it basted and start quilting it.
See my first zig zag quilt here.
*edited to add: This is the way I make my half-square-triangles. (thanks allison)
The fabric for the back is grey "snuggles" by Moda. It's like minky on crack. So soft!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













13 comments:
Minky on crack eh? Sounds pretty awesome to me! :) Love the fabric you chose for your zig-zags, its lovely! Scrappy mix or a certain line?
Beautiful...The progress on your quilt is lovely!
Very nice. I like the dots in it. I bet the backing really is soooo soft!
It's so fun to look at that and then do a double take at exactly how you get the zig zag. That is a lot of patience and tedious work! Wow.
I really love it. Quilters amaze me! Great job!
Sara, the quilt top looks great! I really love the color combination. And with the "minky" on the back, I'm sure this will get lots of use and love!
Cute cute cute! I love the colors (of course) and minky on crack?! :) Love it.
Wow, Sara, looks amazing. Charlie will love it. Thanks for doing it---it looks like a ton of work.
Is there a link for a tutorial for the half-square triangles you made for that quilt. I love it. I would like to make a similar quilt.
-Melanie
this is gorgeous!!! i love the colors.
I really like the fabrics you are using. It's looking great and that snuggles is going to be perfect for the back.
Super cute quilt! Love the colors!
xo -E
I love this quilt - such good colours and layout of the triangles! And the snuggly back - you've sold me on that fabric!
Post a Comment