Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blog Hopping: Favorite Salads


I'm blog hopping today. I was asked by Miranda to post my favorite salad recipe. 
I love stuff like this because I'm always looking for new food/recipe ideas. So be sure to "hop" on over to these other blogs to see their favorite salad recipes.



I'm not really used to sharing recipes. I don't consider myself a cook AT ALL. If you're visiting for the first time, it should be obvious from my name (SewSara!) that I am usually writing about fabric and quilts and crafty projects like that. But here goes nothing ...!

I don't have a name for this pasta salad. It's just my favorite. And I did make it up (although I'm sure there are similar variations out there!)
It's nothing fancy, but here's what you'll need:

1 pound bag of macaroni
1 stalk of celery (I use the whole thing)
1 package of cherry tomatoes (or grape tomoatoes -- no difference to me).
1 package of diced ham
2 cans of sliced olives
Mayo - approximately 1 cup, or as much as you'd like.
and salt/pepper (not pictured)

Chop the celery. and cut tomatoes into halves or quarters (depending on size of tomatoes or your preference).

Cook the pasta  - I like to keep it on the firm side, so maybe 7 minutes? And then toss everything together. (Drain the olives of course).

Then add the mayo -- a few big spoonfuls. I never really measure it, just stir it in til you like the consistensy. And I have to say - full fat KRAFT mayo is my favorite. Hey, I never claimed it was the healthiest salad - just my favorite! Use whatever mayo you like :)

Add salt and pepper to taste.


Toss it in the fridge for an hour or two, if you can wait that long.
Goes great with sandwiches or hamburgers.



5 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing, Sara! Can't wait to give it a try!

Miranda said...

That looks pretty yummy! I love pasta salads :)

Elizabeth said...

hope your vegas trip was fun! let's see some wild pics! :)

Miranda said...

This looks so fresh and yummy Sara! I love pasta salads. For some reason I think it qualifies more as a meal than other salads. ;)

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

Sara,
I made this salad for dinner last night. We didn't have anything else except some fruit. Perfect for lazy summer days. I may even make it in the fall. It definitely qualifies as a full meal. Thanks for sharing.
-Melanie

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates