Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Greta: 11 months


Dear Greta,

I'm sorry I got frustrated when you didn't sleep well last night. Or the night before. Or the night before. 



Well, you get the picture. I think one night last week you slept five hours. And that was nice. But I shouldn't be frustrated by the extra snuggles, and the fact that you just want to wake up and nurse a little.





What's a little sleep when I have such a precious baby girl who needs me? 
I am doing my best to cherish each moment with you.  
Even if I am so super tired.




 These days are flying by so quickly. You turn one next month. And even though you're my fourth baby and I knew it would go fast, I still can't believe it.


 



Seems like just yesterday we were meeting you for the first time. And at the same time, you've been a part of us forever. You are the perfect baby sister for our family.

 
Ruby is always my helper when we take your monthly photos. I nearly forgot this month until she brought me a white onesie and said "Let's take Greta's pictures!"


She loves you so much. She is such a great big sister and I hope you'll always be close. 

 
 


 

The photo below is a bit out of focus, but I love the way you're looking at Ruby. You can see the love in your eyes already.   

Today after school she was excited to see you and while she was holding you I commented, "Do you know how lucky you are to have a baby sister?" 

She responded, "Yes. One hundred percent!" 

  
She's such a little mama to you.
You're lucky to have her.

 

 

And of course we're all very lucky (blessed) to have you.

 

Love, 
Mama.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Getting a little choked up. Love you and her and Ruby and all of this. Also, Greta's eyelashes...swoon!!!!

AZ Mommy said...

I was getting a little teary eyed reading this. She is adorable.

Nicol Clark said...

So precious. These posts are going to be such treasures for your kiddos to read later. I love that sisterly love <3. Ani told me the other day that she wanted a little sister, and Ry piped in "and I want a baby brother!" Oops! Guess we should have consulted them before we put the babymakers out of commission ;-P.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates