I can't believe it. That means we've been parents for eight years. Wow. What a sweet boy Max is. He gets excited about everything and is so easy-going. It's a good thing because I'm sure we make a lot of parenting mistakes on him since he's our oldest.
We decided to have a "L8 Night" party, and of course it started at 8pm! It was perfect and we avoided the heat of the summer and could actually enjoy being outside. We played some relay games and ran around outside for awhile. Then went inside for presents and cake. After that we busted out the sparklers and the glowsticks. Simple pleasures, but the kids loved it.
I think just being out late at night was exciting for most of them.
We were also lucky to have cousins Naomi and Ezra visiting from Georgia!
Lucky timing!In the photo above he's opening his special gift from Grandma Packham ... new scriptures!
Max requested the 8 cake, similar to Simon's 3 cake. Just made two chocolate bundt cakes - so simple.
Construction paper banner of Eights ... decorations on a tight budget! And pay no attention to my temporary polkadot curtain (sheet). Still working on details in the new house.
Can you believe we fit 17 kids on our couch!?
Next time I'm skipping everything else and just going straight to the glow sticks and sparklers! Cheap and fun entertainment.
Happy 8th Birthday to our favorite biggest brother! We are so lucky to have Max at the top of our crew.
P.S. Google reader is dying in a few days!
I think Bloglovin is the next best thing (maybe better?)
So please keep following along. And RIP Google Reader.













1 comments:
Awesome pics and party.
As for a google reader replacement: I've been using feedly and it's great.
Post a Comment