My Grandma gave me her sewing machine and that's what I've been using for the past year or so. It's a great basic machine, but probably 20+ years old. It's served me well, but I've been feeling the need for a new machine for a few months now. Last night I was especially frustrated with it. Items in my shop have been selling like hotcakes
(yay!) so I feel I can justify a decent new machine. And wouldn't you know, we got our chunk of money from the good ol' U.S. Treasury today! I'm still trying to decide which machine (if any) to buy. I'll let you know!
What will you be doing with your "economic stimulus" money?
{I'm also open to sewing machine suggestions if you have a particular brand/model that you love?}
8 comments:
Don't feel bad...I have my mother-in-law's old Bernina that is a good 25+ years old. It works pretty well, but I want one of those fancy embroidery ones. We are using our Gov't check to pay for our trip to Hershey, PA, so I guess I'll have to wait on a new sewing machine. Good luck with your purchase!
On my dead dogs medical bills. WAAAAAAAAAA!!! Just kidding, but seriously.
Wheat grinder, food storage, and bills are going to be our exciting stimulus purchases. Woo hoo.
I have a Pfaff and love it, but am so sad at how little I use it. It does some cool stitches, but I typically use the same ones over and over again. I don't think I would get more than a basic machine unless you are going to go all the way with a full on embroidering one. Just my two cents. Although I would love a surger! Maybe I'll get the chance to stimulate the surger industry!
Chelsea and I love our Janome-- it was fair in price and does a great job!! Gov't check will be spent on food storage :0)
I heard they are going in order by the last two digits of social security numbers -- my BIL is 02 and got his check last week. Jed and I are 92 and 95 so I'm wondering if our check won't come 'til the very last round are sent out? What is your and David's ss# end with? How awesome you get to spend the moola on a new machine!! Too fun. The Stake President and our bishop have been urging all of us to spend the money on food storage...but ours will probably go to our mortgage and rent payment - ugh!
you might be able to deduct the new machine on your next income tax as a business expense.
Just a thought!!!
allison-- yeah, i'm totally planning on it! i count everything as business expenses!
Post a Comment