
I just found out about this documentary, The Singing Revolution, which is about Estonia! I served my mission in Estonia in 2000 and 2001 and have so many great memories from my time there. I loved the people and the culture and what they'd been through as a nation. Whenever I hear anything about Estonia, I feel a sense of pride because it's still such a part of me.
My sweetest friend (armastan sind, ode!!) sent me a link to the trailer earlier this week. I got choked up and emotional just watching it. We got to go to a Laulupidu (song festival) at the very place that they show in the movie.

CLICK HERE to view the trailer -- it's powerful. I must see this movie in the theater. The closest theater is over an hour away and is playing only this coming week. I have to figure out when I can get there. I don't want to miss it. It looks like it will be an amazing movie, so check the theater listings to see if it's in a theater near you!
I have always loved music, and the power that it can carry. I love the fact that Estonians have such a love for their native folk music. Honestly, I didn't realize that the song festivals played such a role in their revolution and finally being a free country in 1991. I can't wait to hear what other songs are in the film.
3 comments:
The trailer gave me chills and made me cry. What a powerful looking movie! Hope you get a chance to see it at the theater.
I didn't know you served in Estonia! My good friend's husband served in Estonia. I don't know when he was there but it might have been the same time. Do you know Jordan Sessions?
Hey ode packham, lol! what in the world are you doing in kirksville? Yeah thats right I recognized the swingset from the park at thousand hills. What a freaking coincidence!
Post a Comment