Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September

I can't believe it's September. I love Fall, though, so I'm really excited. Most people are sad to see the summer go, but not me! I survived my first hot & humid midwest summer and now I'm ready to rake some leaves and bust out the pumpkins, scarves, hot chocolate, soup, and Halloween costumes! I'm still trying to come up with a cute costume idea for Max and Ruby. I did a cowboy and horse last year and want to do something matching again this year.

Did you know that September is National Sewing Month? Neither did I until today when I saw it on Joann.com. I won't complain, though! Now I can just say that I'm celebrating every time I sew this month. Like I need any more excuses to avoid laundry. Ha!

A fellow etsy seller featured me on her blog today.

Some weeks I feel like I'm totally on top of things -- clean house, organized sewing room, healthy meals, etsy orders shipped out quickly, kids are happy and we have plenty of play time, etc etc. But then other weeks I feel like I just can't keep up. My house is a wreck right now, there are some groceries waiting to be put away, dishes in the sink, fuzz all over the floor from a quilt I finished late last night (or *cough cough* early this morning) and I have like a bazillion projects I should be working on. I just got the kids to bed, and what do I do? Sit down to blog. Niiiice. I guess that should be my cue to get off my rump and clean up the house!

3 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, & Cade said...

Ha, that last paragraph--soo my life and the condition of my own house right now. And where am I? Hmmm. Better get moving.

Kristen said...

It's kind of a general rule that the more stuff you see on my blog - the worse my house looks. Sometimes it's just more fun to get out there and do stuff worth blogging about.
Halloween ideas...How about a frog and a princess, or peter pan and tinkerbell.

Kasey Later said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! Good luck with everything...you always do such a fabulous job! Miss you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates