Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Kids = Happy Mom

Our small town leaves much to be desired in the way of shopping (oh how I miss Target!), entertainment, & dining. But one thing I love is that there are a lot of great (and free!) things to do with the kids. My kids are at the perfect ages (3 & 2) where they get excited over the most simple things. They especially love it when there are activities at the schools because they think they are actually going to school.

Today we went to an activity called Kitchen Chemistry, sponsored by the school district's PAT organization (Parents as Teachers). We experimented with simple things like baking soda, vinegar, food coloring, glue, starch, sugar, salt, etc. The kids loved it! You can see their excitement over our little experiment below. It made me wish Mr. Wizard was still on the air. Did anyone else love that show?



The look on Ruby's face (above) says "caught ya, mom." They should be used to me by now. I always have my camera with me!





2 comments:

Kristen said...

No Target??? Wow - how do you get by? Thank goodness for PAT (and internet shopping).

Jessica said...

I'm gasping...no Target? Well, you must save a lot of money. Your kids are the cutest.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates