Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tidbits

My mom will be here in just three days! She flies in on Saturday and Max has been saying in his prayers lately, "Bless that Grandma can come for Christmas, and bless Santa to come on the airplane with Grandma ..." He's a little confused, but we all know that Grandma is better than Santa, anyway, right?

That in itself is happy news, plus I'm feeling 95% better. The 5% that remains is an annoying cough -- mostly rearing it's ugly head at night as soon as I get in bed, of course. Don't you just hate that? I have to fall asleep practically sitting up against the headboard in order to get any rest. Turns out it's not strep throat, but boy did it feel like it! I was out of commission for five days, which, in December and as a mom, felt like a YEAR. So much to do!

We got a huge dump of snow today ... Probably 6+ inches in just a few hours! Of course, as soon as I'm feeling well and ready to get out of the house, we get snowed in, right? I must make it to the post office tomorrow.

I'm frantically trying to finish up (or start, in some cases) some Christmas gifts so I really shouldn't be sitting here!
By the way, am I the last one to discover pandora.com? It's free internet radio -- so cool -- you can choose your artist, genre, or mix a "radio station" of your own favorite music! I needed some new Christmas tunes, so I'm trying it out -- listening to "Folk Christmas" right now.


Here's a cute Maxism:
I heard him say to Ruby the other day:
" I like your book, it's so delightful!" tee hee. I sure love that boy.

5 comments:

courtney said...

Hooray for grandma! I'm so glad she's spending the holidays with you! Glad too that you're feeling better.

Ooh...and I think MAX is delightful!

Amberlee said...

That is so great that your mom is going to be there for ChristmaS! I am glad that you are almost completely better! I hope you guys have a great holiday!

Ashley said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! And I'm glad we weren't there for the 6 inches of snow! Hope you get everything done and have a great Christmas!

DeGooyer Family said...

YAY! Have SO much fun with your mom - it always goes by WAY too fast, huh?!

Megan said...

Hooray your mom is coming and you're getting better! And I agree, Max is VERY delightful!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates