Friday, February 27, 2009

Bubbers


We started calling him Bubbers when he was a baby, but now the only person Max 'allows' to call him that is Grandma. If I call him Bubbers he quickly corrects me and says, "No, I'm GRANDMA'S Bubbers."

{other nicknames - Maxie (Ruby calls him this 99% of the time), Maxer, Mr. Max}


Max and I went on a little 'date' the other day, just the two of us. Ruby got the short end of the stick and her 'date' with daddy was called a nap.

I just needed to run a few errands and decided to take Max with me. I love it when I can get one-on-one time with the kids. It was pretty exciting, let me tell ya! We went to Walgreen's (love their coupon deals!) then got gas in the van, and got lunch at our favorite little Mexican place. We ordered water and two ala carte tacos, so it was only like $4. Plus all the chips-n-salsa we could eat. I had really been craving chips-n-salsa!

Max says the cutest things when it's just the two of us -- or maybe I just notice them more? He kept saying 'no problem-o, Mom!' He says it like "no prob-lay-mo." It was cracking me up, I have no idea where he got it. Maybe from Diego? Most of what he says, I'm afraid he learns from the TV shows. haha. I tried to remember some of the other cute stuff he was saying. I asked him a few questions. (His answers in italics)

What makes you happy?a car (yup, he's David's son)

What's your favorite thing to do?Play with team GeoTrax.
Who is your best friend?JacksonWhy?Because he shares his toys.
What is your favorite color? Blue.
Why? Because it makes me happy

What do you want to be when you grow up?A Thomas costume.
(?? I tried to get him to explain, but I couldn't understand get more info. Not sure where that came from -- haha!)

I wish I could just carry a tape recorder with me. Three-year-olds are so hilarious! He talks non-stop and I have to tell him to slow down sometimes because he's just trying to say everything at once. (yup, he's my son alright)

While we were eating, he said "Are we a family? Do we do nice, kind things?" He's really into random stuff like that.

We love our Bubbers!

8 comments:

dianep said...

Awwww, my little Bubbers makes my heart melt -- and sad at the same time because I'm not where I can hug and love my Bubbers! He's a sweetheart!

Tamara Jacobs said...

sounds like you had a fun little date:) he is so cute. Jonah's nickname is bubby (preslee made it up). Loved your post.

Megan said...

So cute! He is adorable, and 3 year olds are quite funny...can't wait :) I guess I didn't post on your last one? Weird, I totally thought I did...

Tasha said...

What a fun day! I like when I can have one on one time with my kids too! Max is so cute & little kids do say some of the funniest things! I love Ruby's outfit she dressed herself in...to cute. We've had days like that!

Jena said...

Oh, I love it! Max and Ruby were so cute at the talent show! You have got two little treasures, that's for sure.

aimee said...

Don't you just love this 3 year old stage, they are so amazing. Max did such a cute job last night---even I got teary.

Katre said...

Cutie batoody!!! I Miss you guys. I hope to see you soon in the future? Not sure if possible? But would love to. I had a great time out there over a year and half ago *AGH* where does the time go?? Hugs & kisses to Max and Ruby!

Sean and Jessica Waldron said...

Hey Sara! Blackfoot High School is almost unrecognizable! They have a brand new gym right next to the old one. The old one is still there and looks (and smells:) the exact same!! Good to hear from you!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates