Thursday, February 5, 2009

fabric-wrapped photos

I got these 11x14 prints from my friend several months ago, I started looking for frames. I couldn't shell out $50 for the frames and mats I really wanted, but I wanted to do something really cute with them.

I found these plastic frames at Walmart (where else?) for, I think, $5 each, and thought there must be a way to make them look cute. Naturally, my thoughts turned to fabric. Here's what I came up with. They*almost* have that wrapped canvas look that I've seen in galleries (right? just humor me). I love the way they look and it's a fun alternative to a regular frame and mat.




It's a fun project. Give it a try!
I'll post a little tutorial tomorrow.

p.s. Friday is WEAR RED DAY. You k
now I love it.

7 comments:

jefferies said...

Oooo...I like! Too bad for me that I just shelled out too much money and ordered my prints on canvass. You should have told me this sooner!

Kristen said...

SO CUTE! I'm totally going to copy!

Apple said...

WOW they look amazing!!

Angie said...

How fun! When I decorate my house one day, maybe I'll add something like this. You know I love fabric, too! :)

Ashley said...

Those look awesome! Just so you know, I envy all that you do :)

courtney said...

These are fantastic! I'm going to look for some frames on my next trip! :) thanks for sharing!

Kendell said...

i love it

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates