Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Argh!

Here are some pics from Halloween. It was lots of fun and we ate plenty of candy, but I'm glad to have it over, if I'm being honest. I'm looking forward to the holidays and the end of the year because that means BABY is almost here!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I joined the fun, too. It's easy to look like a pirate w/ a head scarf and heavy eye makeup. Wish you could see my big belly better in this pic, but believe me -- it's there! The result of too much pirate booty. Ha!
Photobucket

Max was proud of his facial hair. We had to scrub like crazy to get that off. I could still see it a little @ church on Sunday!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ruby said "I'm not going to steal anyone's candy because I'm a nice pirate."
Photobucket

Max was saying, "arghhh"
Photobucket

The best part of it all?
The costumes cost me a grand total of $10.
Originally I bought some costumes for $14 each, but I didn't like them so I took them back and challenged myself to make both costumes for under $28 total. I used some fabric I already had, bought a few extra things, borrowed Ruby's boots & necklace, found a plain black tee for $3 and added the applique, and used David's old white shirt to make Ruby's dress. Easy! Next time you need a cheap costume, pirates are the way to go.

14 comments:

Amberlee said...

You never cease to impress me! Seriously! I love the costumes and am super impressed by the price! Love it!

Amberlee said...

You never cease to impress me! Seriously! I love the costumes and am super impressed by the price! Love it!

courtney said...

They look great...as always!

TheAndFam said...

You have some good lookin' little pirates! I'm glad that you guys had fun. Hey, we all need to see some cute belly shots of you! I hope you're feeling ok these days!

Julie said...

Your kids always always always look so cute on Halloween (and every other day!).

Brigham was a pirate last year and I thought the same thing: cheap and CUTE.

Ashley and Joey said...

i'm with you, i can't wait for the holidays to come and go this year! cute pirates

Derek, Laura & Peyson said...

your kids are SO cute. and no matter how easy you say those outfits were...you are amazing. i wish i liked sewing...then being that creative. you are awesome!!!

dianep said...

Awww, look at my cute little mateys! Love how you pulled together such cute outfits with few $$. That's what it's all about!

Amy Hunter said...

I WANT RUBY's BOOTs! So cute!

Kristi said...

seriously, Max and Ruby are so cute I could eat them up. the halloween costumes over the years are amazing! man, i totally need to step it up next year. :)

Jena said...

I love it! Those are the cutest pirates I have ever seen!

Kasey Later said...

I love the coordinating costumes! You have to do it as long as they'll let you. And $10? You are amazing! I also love the walk-down-Halloween-costume-memory -lane! You're such a fun mom!

Katherine said...

They looked amazing as usual. As did you. And under ten bucks!! Sweet!

DeGooyer Family said...

They are so cute!! What a fun mom you are. =)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates