Well it took me nearly six months, but I finished it! Here's the quilt I started back in June. I made it twin-size and it looks darling on our guest bed (ready for Nicki to visit next weekend and then Grandma in January when she comes to see the new baby)!
Next time I do one this big, I'll let someone else quilt it. Someone who has a nice long-arm quilting machine! It was really frustrating to fit this thing thru my small machine.
The kids couldn't pass up an opportunity to be in a photo, of course.
The back is kind of funny, if not a little embarrassing, but I was determined to use fabric from my stash. So, I pieced it together -- kinda crazy I know!
Ruby was feeling sick the other day and I let her eat lunch in the living room.
6 comments:
Oh, sew cute! And even more fun to have a funky, no sense, back. Why not? It's definitely one of a kind. Good job!!
Oh I love it! Especially the creative back part. It makes it look more old fashioned and immediately cozy...no wearing in necessary to become a treasured favorite.
Great job friend!
It is fabulous! I can't believe you quilted it on your tiny machine. That must have been so hard. Definite heirloom quality!
How's the pregnancy going? Are you ready? Hope you are feeling great and ready for Christmas.
I love it! I can't believe you had all that fabric in your stash. I love that the back is a bit skee-wampus! It looks fabulous!
It turned out awesome! I'm making a twin sized quilt for bobby for Christmas. I bought a walking foot and I'm planning on quilting it on my machine. I'm sure it will make me crazy, too!! Great job! I can't believe how soon your baby is coming!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment