Thursday, March 4, 2010

march forth

Forrest Gump was right:
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

It's been quite a busy month for our family. A week before Simon was born, David lost his job (totally unexpected). After some thinking and praying, we decided to make some changes.

We used to live here:
Photobucket


And now we live here:
Photobucket
I know, right? Crazy! We made the long drive last weekend and now we're getting settled. Packing and moving with a newborn was pretty tricky, but Simon did super great on the trip out here. He slept the entire time and woke up to nurse whenever we stopped for gas and potty breaks. The older kids had some meltdowns, but did great for the most part.

David is hoping to finish school and get his health stabilized. We are all doing fine and happy to be back in Utah.

(I don't like to go into too many details since this is a public blog, but send me an email if you're a friend and want to know more ... especially those of you in Utah!)

But I really miss my sweet friends in Missouri. I hate goodbyes. It was not fun leaving them behind.
(hi girls! miss you!)

Photobucket

I was lucky enough to get a baby shower for Simon, too! Who gets a shower for their 3rd baby?! I told you my friends were great. I loved it. Look how fun:
Photobucket

Simon turned one month old (on Feb. 23rd) and now he's almost 6 weeks old. He's sweet as can be and we are just so glad to have him.

Here are some pics from the past few weeks. He just gets cuter every day. It's so fun having a baby again!

Photobucket
His hair is not really curly, it just looks like that after his bath.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I finally finished this quilt before we moved. It only took me like a YEAR -- no joke!
It was way too time-consuming, but I love how it turned out. I need to get pictures of the finished product (quilted and bound) but here is a photo of the finished quilt top.

Photobucket

And lest we forget the "big kids" ... here are some random cute pictures of them. Ruby loves cuddling Simon ( I have to remind her to not smother him).

Speaking of Ruby, do you remember this cute clip from a year ago? haha! I showed it to the kids the other day and they were laughing their heads off. Can't believe how much she's changed in one year.

Photobucket


Max made this crown at a library activity (thanks for taking him Ashley) and was being so cute/goofy with it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

22 comments:

Amberlee said...

Wow- what a stressful past few weeks! I have been wondering and thinking about you guys...I was going to call- but I knew you guys would have your hands full trying to get settled in. I'm glad to know that you guys made it safely. (I am dreading that drive)I know that things will work out for you guys, tell David good luck with the school thing and especially his health.
I love the new pictures of Simon- it's funny- he and Owen has some of the same clothes!

Amberlee said...

Oh and Duh- your quilt looks AWESOME! I am so impressed that you finished it- it was such a bugger of a quilt- super time consuming- love how it turned out!

courtney said...

Welcome back!! Perhaps I can plan a trip south sometime to say hello and squeeze you and those beautiful babies...

Thinking of you. What a whirlwind month you've had!

Oh...is it fair to say grandma is thrilled? :)

Oldham Round-up said...

Glad you made it there safely! How you managed all that in the last month is truley impressive:) good luck out there.

Terese said...

Wow! You have been busy! I was wondering where you have been. I'm so excited for you to be in Utah! We are hoping to move there at the end of next summer. I hope things work out for you guys. I bet it will be fun to be around your momma. I can't wait to have my kids around family.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Welcome back to Utah. I would love to see you so I'll send you an email.

Amy Jenks said...

WOW! What a crazy 6 weeks. So many huge changes. I love how all the girls dressed in red and pink for you. How sweet of them. Utah is a wonderful place to be.
I hope everything settles down for you.
Simon is such a cute baby! He really fits in perfectly with your family.
I LOVE the quilt. You're amazing.

Julie said...

Gee, I had no idea! I'll email you.

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh we miss you guys!
love seeing all those pics.
simon looks so much like max to me.
he is so adorable.
tell max and ruby preslee says hi.

your quilt is amazing!

Angie said...

Yay!! Now WE can go fabric shopping together!!! ;) Hope you guys are settling in; call if you need anything--even a nap!

Morgan said...

OH-I LOOOOOOVE THAT QUILT! WOW!

Morgan said...

I am so glad you are getting settled, and of course, I am curious about your adventures.
CUTEST BABY EVER. Looks like Max, ey?!
P.S. I forgot that my anniversary was the same day as your baby shower, so that's why I could't be there for your shower. I feel like a bumb. Danget.
Hugs!

Meechelee said...

Sara, I still can't believe all you have been through in the last 2 months! Loss of job, new baby, and a HUGE move. You are truly super woman. I bet you will look back and think "how did I do all that!?" I hope David will be able to get his health in order, that's another stressful thing I am sure. You guys hang in there. I am thinking of you.
((hugs&prayers))Michele

Megan said...

Hurray for a new post! I LOVE that quilt and even more than that I LOVE Simon and miss him terribly! I want to snuggle him all the time :( And we never really got to play with Max and Ruby one more time either...it's all so tragic. I'm just so happy that you're in Utah of all places. I'm glad you can be around your family for support and we really wanna see David get better!! You guys are the best, miss you like crazy.

aimee said...

Those pics almost made me cry. Really do miss U here. It won't be the same next time all the girls get together. I'm happy we'll be able to see you in Utah. Give your kiddos loves from me.

PC-Stevens Family said...

The quilt turned out awesome!!!
...so jealous! Simon is so so so cute just like the rest of your little kiddos. I love all his hair!
During Bean's on Broadway I kept sitting there thinking the missing stars...Max and Ruby! Sure miss you around here!

Jed and Lizzy said...

oh that baby is so cute! glad you are feeling good and settling in again. life is crazy - the changes are always unexpected.

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi there - fun to see a new post! =) Hope you're doing OK in your new home - I bet it's nice having your mom so close!! Hopefully we'll get to see you when we're there in May.

jefferies said...

WoW! THat's a lot! Hang in there and I hope everything goes well in UTAH!!
Simon is SUPER cute!

Amanda said...

WOW! I haven't been in the blog world in awhile & look what happens. That is a lot of big changes in a short time. Hope you are getting settled. I am sure your mom is thrilled to have you back! Would love to catch up with you sometime. Welcome back to UT.

Jena said...

I still can't believe you are in UT! I can't wait to see you. It has been too long. I love the quilt!

Melissa Moss said...

Wow, Utah! What an adventure making the trek! I am happy for you! ...I was hoping to catch up when we come to K-ville in May... Oh Man!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates