Sunday, May 30, 2010

funky squares



My friend commissioned me to make a quilt for her friend. She said make it bold, funky, and "anthro."
Well I don't know if it's "anthro" but it's definitely funky. Not as cool as this quilt or this one, but I sorta used them as inspiration pieces.  I used 15 different fabrics and tried to not repeat anything more than 3x. They are 10" squares and it's all backed with minky. 

I dit a minky rag quilt (but with squares) and I like how it turned out. 
I really forced myself to put random fabric combos together.


I really wish I had better photography skills, but do your best to enjoy these amateur shots. :)



6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, I love the funky quilt!!

DeGooyer Family said...

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

courtney said...

Oh so cute. I don't really know what "anthro" means either, but somehow it seems to fit. I'm sure the lucky friend will love it!

Megan said...

So cute Sara! Love the funkiness, totally anthro :) They should commission you now!

Lauren said...

Very cute!

elnorac said...

I adore the colors you've chosen. It turned out great!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates