Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Scripture

"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

John 14:15


 This little conversation happened last night so it inspired my Sunday Scripture

When Max said his bedtime prayers, he said "bless the earth to stay clean and shiney." I'd never heard him say that so I asked, "what made you think of that?" and he said "I just thought of it in my mind. The spirit told me."

Then he said, "Do you know what Jesus said, Mom?"
"What?"
"He said 'if you love me, keep my commandments."
(me - shocked)
"You're right, where did you hear that?"
and he said "When we were by the statue of Jesus." (there was a recording from John 14)
I couldn't believe he remembered that.

Then he said (and I promise I'm not making this up), "I love Jesus. I'm going to keep his commandments."
and then a second later, "Mom ... what are commandments?"
hehe.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, that is totally priceless! Kids are so wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

xo -E

Jocelyn said...

So, so beautiful. So. Beautiful.

Even though they don't "get it," they get it.

Eve said...

oh, that is so sweet. That is so so sweet :D

Brant and Jana said...

So stinkin' cute! my little man never wants to go to church, yesterday, he said well Jesus made my body so, I'll take it to church for him :)

Ang Campbell said...

LOVE it! Beautiful pictures, too!!

Elizabeth said...

That is the cutest pic of the kids looking up at the Christus! I love the little conversation with Max. Last night Sam wanted me to tell him ALL the commandments so he could always follow Jesus. Oy!

I'm going to look at people's comments now to see if I need to steal that playlist :)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates