Ok, I've hinted at it enough.
I'd like to give this quilt to one of YOU!
You, my dear readers who keep my blog going. I love your comments and your support. I'm glad I can post about my crafting, sewing, quilting, and at the same time share my family life and kid stuff with you, too.
And I just realized this is my 414th post! I hadn't even been keeping track and I'm surprised I've been around that long (or had that much to say?). So I guess this is also a traditional (hehe) and official Four Hundred and Fourteenth Post Celebration!
I made this quilt from my polka dot scraps (I don't like the word scraps because it sounds like it's what you'd feed the dog after dinner ...but I don't have a more fitting word). How about we say that many of my most favorite fabrics were used in this quilt? I saved them from the "scrap bin" and turned them into something fun and bright and cozy.
The quilt is a smaller size ... about 37"x42" ... So it would be perfect for the back of your favorite reading chair. Or for your favorite baby or child. Great size for little ones to carry around and love. Or lay it across your couch for a pop of color and happiness. It's up to you, of course!
I'm going about this so-called giveaway a bit differently.
In times past, I've asked you all to spread the word via blogs, facebook, and all that jazz.
But then I end up giving the item to someone's sister's friend's cousin's neighbor.
That's cool and all ... in the name of karma, paying-it-forward, keeping it random/fair, etc.
But I'd rather give the quilt to someone who actually reads my blog, rather than a one-time click.
If you're new here (hi! welcome!) that's great, too. I just love to see who is reading. Does that make sense?
The only little twist is this: If you buy something from my little etsy shop (starting today Oct. 12th) then you will get extra chances to win this quilt. I know it hasn't been updated forever, but that's the point ... I want to clear it out -- and I've marked the prices down on everything!
One entry per dollar spent (including shipping). So if you buy this cute shirt, you'll get 15 extra chances at the quilt! Or if you grab these little hair clips, that's 5 extras! Hopefully this makes sense. I suppose this factor turns it into a bit of a raffle. But like I said, I just really want to clear out my shop so I thought this might be a fun twist.
I'm planning (hoping?) to toss some more items in the shop this month, too. Don't hold me to it, though. ;)
Leave a comment on this post and tell me why you'd like to have this quilt. Will it be happy and loved in your home?
((winner will be announced on/around October 26th))
47 comments:
I love this quilt. I have been reading your blog for a little while and love all the adorable material you piece together! Polka dots are about he cutest thing in the world. I love them. I have 3 daughters who love them as well and have many outfits covered in polka dots! There is so just so happy about them. This quilt would definitely be loved!
I might have to buy some Depends if I actually win this quilt because I will certainly pee my pants. I LOVE it. Gorgeous!
I'm going to hop over to the shop right now and see if there's anything that would work for my girlies!
Also, I TOTALLY agree with the wanting to give the quilt to an actual reader. It's exactly the way giveaways should work!!!!
I DO love you.
`I am a new follower, I came over from quiltstory yesterday and became a follower yesterday. I have started a polka dot collection of fabric to make one myself. This would be a perfect gift for my daughters 7 birthday.
i love this quilt...i would love to have it as a sweet addition for our new baby. it would be great in the stroller...car...floor...bed....everywhere really. i just love it!
Thanks for your nice comment! So glad I didn't miss the giveaway for this quilt. I love polka dots and working on redoing my daughters room and this quilt would be perfect.
I poured over your blog yesterday and you are one crafty talented mama, your family is adorable. So glad I found your blog.
I'm on who is always cold and I snuggle up to blankets constantly! I am doing so right now, actually! I haven't ever learned how to sew very well so I'm not educated enough in that department enough to make my own adorable treasures.
I wish I could re-create your pieces but for now I'm young without the supplies or money to buy them yet! One day I will learn and have it all, right?
Anyways, this quilt would be cherished and it would warm my soul on, well every day when I'm feeling that chill and need to snuggle up to the closest, adorable quilt!
Hi Sara, I read your blog all the time! I look forward to seeing "sew sara" on my reader when you have posted something new. I'm just not a very big commenter (sorry). I am trying to do better. I LOVE your cute creations! And envy your talent. This quilt would be loved by my sweet little Emmalyn and her baby dolls.
Seriously...you rock!
You know I am a follower! And I would absolutely love to have this quilt for any and every reason out there. Let's just say that I NEED it! Oh and I did purchase a couple things from the shop... I guess you will figure out the entry numbers right?
I love this quilt!! So cute. Of course if I won it, I'd see it long enough to open the package because it would be gone in 4 seconds...Ky would take it, she would love this quilt to bits. ;o)
Sara you are one talented girl. Can I just say everything you create puts a smile on my face cause you use fun happy colors. I am in need of some personal touches to my living room I am still decorating and this would be so fun on my red chair.
and can I tell you Kira still loves wearing her 3 shirt. She tells everyone its her birthday shirt. so fun.
Oh where do I even begin?
Of COURSE we would love this quilt at my house. It would make me smile every single time I saw it because 1)it was made by my friend 2)I love rainbow colors and cheerful happy things and this fits the bill perfectly and 3)it's just so dang happy and adorable...how could you NOT smile when you see it? Oh, and 4) we're having a sweet new baby girl who needs a blankey all her own (not a hand me down from the others) and wouldn't that just be the most perfect thing?
I'm off to buy everything in your shop just for more chances to win. I bet if I do you'll hear me shouting with joy all the way from my house!
Love ya friend!
Oh please I hope I win....I hope I hope! :)
oh my gosh i want to have this quilt sooo badly!!!!! eliza and i would play on it every single day. it would fill us with happiness! man, i really need to learn how to quilt.
let's be honest, i'm gonna do a little photo shoot for fall outside somewhere with all the beautiful colors and how darling would little Cadence look lounging on it or wrapped up in it under an apply tree?!? i would love it sara, anything you make, i adore :)
I would LOVE this quilt. It is so cute. You make me want to make lots of quilts. I've had a little break and need to start again on my quilting.
I would love to use it-maybe in my daughter's bedroom. We're trying to figure out how to decorate her room.
It is so cute.:)
So kind! All quilts are well loved in our house, and this one would be no different! I imagine my 3-year-old would claim it because it's just his size.
I would love this quilt as a cozy spot for our (unborn) 2nd baby to hang out...due in Feb! I'm going to hit up your Etsy now!
What a fun little quilt. I would love to have this for my son. He's 20 months old and has just recently become "aware" of our quilts. Especially whichever one his sister happens to be covered up with at the moment! haha He would love the bright fun colors too. Jenn
Sara-
Your cute quilt in my home would remind me of the fun times we had in college! And it would be cute and colorful on my couch!
Love ya! Your so talented!
Kate
I'd love the quilt - it's gorgeous Sara! I think new baby gal who is due in 40 days would love it too ;-)
This quilt is so cute! Yes I would love it, but I never win so I'm not going to go into great detail other than I always love what you put together. Colors & patterns I would never dare & they always turn out so cute! Also, I think your Halloween quilt looks like it is going to be so cute! Ruby's birthday looks os fun & of course she looks darling!
Adorable quilt Sara! I feel guilty entering since I won a blanket from you earlier this year - but I guess if I buy something from your etsy site than it will be more like a raffle!! I will have to go check out your site. This quilt would be adorable for my girls to cuddle up with when watching a movie or taking a nap. They both love blankets!! Love it Sara - I'll go check out your etsy site again!
Not only do I want this for it's extreme cuteness but also because it would remind me of you---and I miss you :)
Hello, nice to meet you at the parade! Do you do throw pillows and curtains? I need a throw pillow for my office and some curtains.
John Curtis
I love it Sara! And I love that you added the little heart patch. If I won your quilt it would definitely be loved by all of us at my house. We are all about snuggling with quilts and blankets - especially with winter right around the corner!
I am amazed at how quickly you finish your quilts, and then start on another. I started making a quilt back in 2007 and am still working on it - it just needs quilted and bound. Hope I still like it when it actually gets finished! :)
I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I LOVE your quilts (all your sewing skills, actually) and wish I could whip something up like you do. Of course it would be loved in our home - probably by baby BOY come January!! ;) I think it would be the perfect starting point to figuring out what the heck I'm going to do in the nursery. I'll be checking out your Etsy shop soon...
I love your blog you are so creative!! And I would love to win a cute quilt. I'm a little bogged down in boy colors so adding a few bright colors to the mix would be fun!
PS my birthday is the 26th so that would be a fun birthday present :)
Sara... I love this quilt and would love to cuddle up with it-- but regardless I love reading your blog and getting crafty ideas from you. It's made me braver in trying different sewing projects!!
And of course we love your etsy shop... I'll head on over and see what I need (I mean want!).
I would love to have this quilt, Sara!
I think what I love most about it, actually, is the heart patch on the back. It's a cute little surprise. BUT I also love the idea of having a warm, cozy, bright & happy quilt to snuggle with on these soon-to-be cold, dreary winter days.
And I tried to buy your clips and tee-shirt but they were already sold! I'll just have to buy something else :)
I'll love this quilt because it will always remind me of you guys. Not just for the polka dots but because you guys love and always have couch blankets. I'll wash it very often and make it super soft and when people comment on it I'll refer them to you and your biz. But for the most part, it will just remind us of you.
I'd love to have this quilt because it always makes me smile when I see Sew Sara creations in my home/on my children :)
Well you know that I would LOVE this quilt! And it looks like it could be for a little boy too...right up my ally. Love your stuff, love you :)
Goodness- I have a million reasons why I'd love this quilt. I'd keep it in my living room and I'd use it to cuddle with my cute 3 yr old and soon-to-be-born babies. It's so colorful and bright and I love that it was made my you!
This quilt is amazing!!! I would love this because I have no idea or the skills to make something this cool. Our family loves to cuddle up in blankets and we will be having another little one join our family shortly. Love looking at your blog and wishing I was crafty.
adorable quilt! me and my boys love to snuggle up together and this looks perfect for that! great work!
I love polka dots! And I'm having a baby in March who will need a cute quilt just like this. Pick me!
Good gravy! What a beauty! I'd love to wrap my 4 babies up in that quilt in front of the fire.
Hi, My name is McKenna. I just found your blog and FELL IN LOVE with it!! This quilt is so stinking cute and i would LOVE to have it to show off in my front room and snuggle under it with my new hubby!!
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this quilt! My sad little white dorm room would be so cheery with this pop of color :) What a beautiful, sweet giveaway!
Oh my goodness, its gorgeous! I am not a quilter, although I should be, I really should try someday. My three girls would love this quilt and snuggle in it to read together often. It would certainly be loved and treasured in our home! Thanks for the chance. :)
I love this quilt! And as a quilter who has sooooo many unfinished projects, it might inspire me to get some of mine done!!!! Plus, I love the polka dots, and... I am a rather dotty person myself:)
Tash
rolde@bigpond.net.au
I literally had a dream about this quilt the other night. Need I say any more! Lover your work!
So darling and fun!! I love love this quilt!! It would be the perfect blanket for future photoshoots of our new baby coming Dec 1st and many nights of snuggling. Miss you!!!
I love this quilt! :)
I was going to say how perfectly it matches my little man's room and I would use it for him, but honestly...I picture it over my crafting chair. ;)
Sara,
Love the quilt. I voted for you. I will try to vote at work today too. Have a great day.
Lori
Oh Sara...I'd LOVE this quilt, because as of today, I still have nothing special in the baby blanket department...and this baby boy is coming in 3 weeks! Ahhh!! I love the polka dots and the gender-neutral colors. You amaze and inspire me to want to learn to quilt/sew. Seriously. Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom like you...they'll have so many of your treasures for generations! xoxo
caiti - ooh and i voted! you're sooo gonna win! :) (Put some baby blankets in your etsy...i need some!)
I LOVE your polka dots!!! Quilts are LOVED at our house...they snuggle over bodies reading, watching TV or just snoozing! You do awesome work.
karla
I Love the poika dots!! All quilts are LOVED at our house. They are suggled over bodies watching TV, reading, or just chillin. You do awesome work.
karla
Post a Comment