Monday, December 20, 2010

Sewing with Ruby



Last week, we had one of those great days where we didn't have to go anywhere or do anything. So we didn't. As evidenced by Ruby's choice of clothing in the following pictures. Yep, her tutu bathing suit. In the middle of winter.You're only four once, right?

Ruby often asks "can I be your assistant?" when I'm sewing. She loves it when I let her snip threads or fold fabric or whatever. She asked if we could do a project together that day and she'd be my assistant. So this is what we came up with. I thought I'd share ... it's a fun way to save a stained shirt (similar to what I did here) or something to do while your kids are home from school this week. Maybe a last-minute gift idea?

All you need:
shirt.
cute assistant - preferably in a tutu.
heat-n-bond lite (sold by the yard or in a large roll at Jo-Ann. It's my favorite)
small scraps of fabric.




I just wanted to get a pic of her in the tutu ... silly girl.




Hope you enjoyed the play-by-play of our little sewing project.



Fresh Poppy Design

17 comments:

lauramarie said...

that is REALLY cute! girls are so fun...can't wait for mine to get here:)

Jessica said...

This is such a great idea and Ruby is adorable! Love the tutu!

courtney said...

Just last night Mavie was asking if we could do a craft project together. Maybe we'll follow your lead with this great shirt!

Just curious...were you wearing YOUR pink tutu as well? :)

The Baldwin's said...

you are always so creative! love that Ruby likes to help too, that is too darling! miss you!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

So cute! Love the tutu!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, so darn cute! And Ruby is such a cutie pie, and a great assistant to boot. :)

Kristie said...

Very cute, and my daughters have similar fashion choices! Love it!

Rebecca Merry said...

My daughter is 4 as well and we have some shirts that look oddly similar!! Guess I know what we'll be doing on our next down day!!

Char said...

Great job. I love the circles.
Ruby is adorable. Love that round face. I have one too!

Quiltstory said...

Super darling Sara! LOVE! - heather :)

Emily said...

great project! and super easy--my favorite!

Naturally Carol said...

What a cute way to save a shirt, I love your pictures of Ruby helping too...reminds me of my daughter when she was four...such a georgeous age before the influences of school etc!

Ang Campbell said...

So darn cute! What a great idea Sara :)

Jocelyn said...

This is such a cute idea and my girls would LOVE if I would do something like this with them!

Christy said...

Too cute!! Lucy would llloooovvvee to do this with me!!

That Bald Chick said...

What a cute project! One I am certainly adding to my list!
Virginia
http://thatbaldchick.com

genie said...

I think I need to create an ADULT pattern with bigger circles because my stains are bigger than hers. What a cute idea.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates