Wednesday, February 9, 2011

day three

love week ... day three!

i love ...


:: Modern Family. Glad there was a new episode tonight.


:: having my kids home with me. They aren't in school or signed up for any sports/classes/activities. Max could have gone to kindergarten this year (read: fall 2010) but we are waiting til this Fall -- mostly just a gut feeling that we had. He would have been totally fine in school this year but I'm just glad we waited. If nothing else it let me hold onto his childhood for an extra year (totally selfish, I know). I'm in denial that my kids are getting so big. But I do love that he and Ruby will be just a year apart in school. I think hope they will like that. Is it bad that I'm not really that concerned about their "academic learning" (for lack of a better word)? I think my kids are smart for their ages (what mom doesn't feel that way?) and will do well in school - but I'm not stressed about them learning to read and do math all before they are even in Kindergarten. I just want them to be kids and have fun. Am I the only one who feels like this? [Oh man, this is getting to be a big tangent and it's late. Maybe I've said too much.] I know they would have fun in sports/dance/extracuricular activities, but when all is said and done, I love that they don't have a schedule yet. We can hop in the car and go to the park/museum/store/cousin's house anytime - and heaven knows that won't last much longer. So I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
But on the other hand, I do love helping my kids learn things when they are interested ... we do projects and read books and practice reading/writing from time-to-time. Anyway - like I said, I just love that they are home with me (simon included of course).


:: watching Simon as he learns to walk. Man oh man, it's exciting, especially with older siblings cheering him on. He took a few tiny steps today ... not sure if it was a fluke, but of course we tried and tried to get him to take more. He's just so darn cute, though, I don't mind carrying him around.

 :: bath and body works lip gloss -- specifically the "mentha lip tint" varieties. i canNOT live without this stuff. if i make it out of the house and realize i don't have one, it's a bad day. any other lipgloss just doesn't feel right-- it's strange.

that's all ... good night!
(thanks for reading...i love you, too.)

6 comments:

Tasha said...

you're quilt it is so cute! Simon is getting so big! He looks like the other two, only with David's coloring I think!

Ashley said...

I love Modern Family too. And having my kids home with me. Sometimes I wish Rae was in school, but the boys would be totally bored without her!

Amanda said...

Our kids will be the same in school. A year apart and older brother looking out for his sis.

Jena said...

I hear ya...my kids are still home. I don't quite know how I'm going to handle sending them to school. Hmmm...

Meechelee said...

I like your outlook on this! I was just feeling guilty the other day because Anna isn't in anything right now. I need to slow down and ENJOY her while she is still little.
Oh I will have to try that lip gloss, I don't have one that I really love right now.

Jocelyn said...

Modern Family is one of my absolute favorites. Such great writing and acting. Love it.

And I love your outlook on kids and education and activities. It's all true, my friend.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates