I'm happy to report that No Fab Feb was a success! Maybe I'll try something like this every other month or so ... I have to admit, it was a good feeling to not buy fabric. I mean, just to put my mind to it and stick with it. Thanks to everyone who joined the challenge! How did you do? Will you be buying fabric tomorrow - on March 1st? I've had my eye on a few things, but I don't really need it for a specific project, so I'll probably think about it for a few more days.
Source: etsy.com
(i found it while browsing on pinterest - love it.)
I was going to say something else (and I'm sure it was really witty/funny) but now it's too late and I'm tired.
Hooray for March (fabric) Madness -- haha!
p.s. You still have til Friday to sign up for the inaugural SewSara Scrap Swap!
8 comments:
Well done you! I have just discovered the delights of fabric and seem to be purchasing more than I need and some just to look at, is that wrong? I shall be off to Kath Kidstons shop on thursday and I dont think I will be able to come out of their empty handed either!
Anyhow well done you! I think I will be joining in on the next one of these!
Dazie
x
Congratulations! You made it.
Today starts a whole month of sales at Connecting Threads, that's where I'm headed.
I should try that with patterned paper. The question is, would I actually use up lots of what I already have, or just not work....
WooHoo! You did it! I did, too. Wait, maybe I didn't. Ha! I didn't! I bought fabric for some hair flowers for my neices. Whoops. Well, it was 1 fourth of a yard of like 4 or 5 fabrics, so under 5 bucks. And I hadn't bought fabric for 3 or 4 or 5 months before that. :)
Good Job Sara! I actually thought of you when I remembered that it was March 1st. HA! Only because I don't buy fabric too often and I bought quite a bit in February. OOPS. I just HAD to get stuff for this little girl though! And you did inspire me already, I made your minky rag quilt in the strips and it turned out SUPER cute. Thanks for the tutorial!
I'm so proud of you ;). By the way I think your scrap swap is such an awesome idea. Wish I had some cute scraps to share. Maybe one day when I no longer live in the ville.
I did... ok-ish! hehe I did have my DH buy me 2 yards of Kona Peacock and 1 yards of Kona White- but those were BOTH for quilts for other people (does that help my cause at all? hehe). My birthday is Tuesday so that PLUS the fact that it's March now merits a trip with friends to Mary Jo's (www.maryjos.com)... I will be buying a good bit! hehe
Hi Sara,
I saw you on the Utah Bloggers FB page. I love meeting and finding out about new sewers/quilters etc. I am a quilter at heart. Can't wait to meet you.
p.s. Love your blog and etsy site!
Post a Comment