Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh Canada!

Monika posted a good tip in the comments, but I thought I better post it here so everyone will see!


For those mailing from Canada, you'll have to measure and then transfer the scraps to a bigger flatter envelope. I fat 6x9 will jump up to 12-15 dollars! Even a 14x11 is only $2 I think... as long as it's less than a half cm thick.

The Canadian post offices have a plexiglass slot, and if your pack can't fit through, it gets bumped from "letter" to "parcel".

FYI!


Thanks, Monika!
*By the way - do you know if it's the same for those mailing TO Canada?


I stayed up late again finishing all the emails .... whew! I hope you all got the info and let me know if there are any questions! :)


Let the swapping begin!


Two gals met at Starbucks for their swap today ... fun huh?! I didn't even pair them up on purpose!

These are not scraps, but I thought this post needed a photo. I got these cute prints to make a bunting/triangle banner/pennants/whatever-you-wanna-call-it for my friend's baby's room. How's that for an over-explanation?





Now I gotta dust off my flip flops and go outside w/ the kids.... sunny and 60! :)



7 comments:

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Cute fabrics! I did not know that about Canada. You learn something new every day!

Enjoy the nice weather.

Jocelyn said...

Very cute fabrics!

We've loved this nice weather, too. Love it and hope it sticks around...yeah right. :)

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I am so jealous. I want to wear my flip flops...I guess Mother Nature knew I needed more time to get my toes painted.

Amber said...

Thank you so much for organizing this! It sounds like you put a good amount of time and energy into this and I appreciate it. March is a no-fabric-buying (or fabric dieting) month for me, so this is really helping me get through!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Thanks again for organizing this!!

I sent off 3 of my 5 envelopes already. The envelopes I used were slightly bigger at 10"x7". I fit 13oz. worth of scraps in each one (like you said, in a ziploc bag with the air pressed out), and the envelopes looked very bulgy. :-)

Travis said...

Sara, I have been blog stalking you all day because I am in love with a quilt you made for your little girl. I love the sweet tweet quilt, but I will be honest, I have no idea what I am doing. Would you mind giving me some guidance? I would appreciate it. If you have time, email me at mit08010@byui.edu and I will ask you my questions so as to not make this comment any longer :) Thanks!

Travis said...

P.S. I just realized, I am signed onto my dad's account because I am at my parent's house. My real name is Joanna haha. Sorry about that.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates