Friday, August 12, 2011

August!

Sometimes I just slip off the blog bandwagon for a few days. Summertime seems to get me. It's hot and we're busy (or we're just busy being hot), and school will start soon. I can't believe it's August already. I've always liked August. Not only is it my birthday (tomorrow!) but fall is just around the corner and I love all the back-to-school excitement. And this year I actually have kids going to school. Max to Kindergarten and Ruby to Preschool.

I haven't touched my sewing machine in weeks ... too much going on with family in town and the usual summertime craziness (or laziness).

Here are a few pics of my side of the family. We had a reunion the first week of August at my brother Matt's house in Idaho. It was a great time. (you can click to enlarge the photos).

The whole fam dam. I have four older brothers (all married w/ kids) and that's my mom in the middle.



Just the grandkids (all 18 of them)
Ranging in age from 16 down to 2 months!


Do you like August? Are you ready for fall? I can't wait. I need some cooler temps!

12 comments:

Jason said...

I like August! I'm ready for fall!

Sara said...

I cannot WAIT until fall! I am in Alabama (my kids call me a transplanted Yankee) and I can't take the heat and humidity! Fall is my favorite :)

Ang Campbell said...

There's no such thing as fall here and I pretty desperately miss it. Especially since Sept-Oct tend to be the hottest months around here. Ugh!!!

Love the family pics :) Such fun!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

love fall and can't wait for cooler temps!

Teje Karjalainen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love autumn and perhaps more september because here in Greece August is still very hot month. You said it well that be have been busy feeling too hot - it just makes us so tired.
You family photo is great - you look so happy big family!
x Teje

Megan said...

Happy Birthday!!! One year older and wiser too.

I'm ready for fall. I hate August and summer. Too hot.

courtney said...

Happy Birthday!! I've been thinking of you all week long hoping all was well with you and yours and sending good celebration vibes your way. Hope today is full of all the best things. Love you friend!!

Oh how I love your family. How fun that everyone was able to get together. Those pics just made me happy, especially all those grandkids cheesing it up for the camera. Ruby is hilarious in that pic.

Happy summer, happy August, happy family, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you!

tpott said...

Happy Birthday, my favorite time of year is Fall... I love the crisp cool weather, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and new black and white notebooks. What a beautiful family, it looks like you all had a great time!!!!! ;>

AZ Mommy said...

For some reason I thought Max started Kindergarten last year!
Another happy birthday to you!

Lauren said...

You know me, I LOVE Fall. And I love you! And miss you too. :) xoxo

Adele said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! The pictures are really cute. Everyone looks lovely. I don't think Tara has aged in 20 years! :)

Elizabeth said...

Where I live it's HOTTEST in September and October so I'm bracing myself...don't want to see any more outrageous a/c bills! Back to school is so fun! Can't wait to hear how M likes Kinder. Where is R going to preschool?

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates