I kept the menu simple -- choosing foods I knew the kids would gobble down. And they did! Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, orange jello, and fresh pineapple.
Also a new tradition for our family -- a father's blessing before the first day of school. I really love this picture of David and the kids.
I wanted a picture too, of course. Can't believe how big my kids are getting. They are both so thrilled with this new phase in their life. Seems like they've been waiting forEVER for school time to come!
And what's a party without cake, right?! We ended the evening with cake and candles. We sang (to the tune of Happy Birthday) "Back to School time for you .... Back to School time for you ... Back to school time for Max and Ruby ...Back to school time for you!" they loved it. I suppose back to school isn't technically correct since this is their first time. Oh well!
And speaking of parties ... check out the fabulous giveaway happening right now on my friend's blog Little Lulu's Nest -- click HERE. Lots of cute things!
I'm hoping September will bring cooler temps ... I'm happy to see August come to an end!

7 comments:
How fun!! Great start to what will hopefully be a great year!!!
Your kids are so stinkin cute!!!!
You are the best Sara! Thank you so much! I loved your back to school stuff, I must do that with Ryder!
what a fun party...happy start of the school year
What a great idea!!! You have got the CUTEST family!!!
What a fun way to start the school year. They are getting so big...wowzers!
I always read those things on NieNie's blog and think, How does she do it??!! I like how you did it much better.
David looks so nice dressed for the blessings. What a sweet papa. Great pictures.
Here's to a great school year!
Post a Comment