Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today.

Today ...

... I was super grumpy. Let's get that out of the way first of all. I don't know if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what. But I decided I was going to stay in my comfy clothes all day and try to get some stuff done.
So, just to make myself feel a bit better ... I did accomplish a few things.

... I finished some applique shirts  (custom order) for a friend.

... Made a baby gift (flannel blanket with name applique) for a friend who is having a baby any day now.

... Made lunch that the kids complained about and didn't even touch.

... Went to the post office (to mail #1 and #2).

... Did not stop at McDonalds for a large fry and Diet Coke like I wanted to.


... Got this baby quilt basted on the kitchen floor while the kids played outside with Daddy. This is for someone my sister-in-law knows. She commissioned me to make it. I think I've said it before, but basting the quilt is my least favorite part. (for my non-quilty friends: it's the part where you have to pin all 3 layers together) I love everything else about the quilting process.

... Finally showered at 5pm.

We had a quick dinner of Costco rotisserie (too lazy to spell check that) chicken and veggies and now the kids are in bed. Bedtime is rather smooth here, but it still just exhausts me! I nearly fall asleep reading stories every night.

I feel like posting a few more random photos while I'm blogging.
Enjoy:

 A couple more shots of Ruby wearing her birthday necklace.

Ruby opening gifts on her birthday morning. Max gave her this book of mazes, which she loves.

Simon got Elmo pjs. There are bottoms somewhere, too. haha!

Last week I worked on getting lots of hexagon and charm square kits put together. Please visit my etsy shop if you're interested. Every single purchase helps so much. I'm also working on some 5" charm packs that I should post soon. I've got a lot cut, I just need to photograph them and all that good stuff.
You can buy hexagon kits or just the fabric HERE




Ok - thanks for indulging my random post.
Modern Family is on in 10 minutes - yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, you sound like a Mother! Busy, Busy, Busy! =)

I hope you're having a better day today!

Jenn at The Little Shop of Stitches said...

Hope today is better. Love the Elmo baby pic with the finger up the nose! :)

Miranda said...

I hate basting quilts also. I just finished one up and ended up having to baste it 2 and a half times.. I use straight pins though because I really! really! hate using safety pins. This makes it more dangerous also..which makes it kind of not fun because it scares me when I'm going along and get poked in the leg or the side.

jefferies said...

AW! I just looked at your etsy shop. The quilt kits are awesome! I will be buying one soon! Keep up the good work!
Xoxo!

Laura said...

Hope you feel better and have a great day tomorrow.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates