Tuesday, January 10, 2012

who craves crispix?!

So it's 2012. A great year to have a baby girl. I'm not sure I'm even looking past March at this point. I'm enjoying the squirmy girl in my tummy and getting anxious to meet this little one.

Ruby is quite possibly the most excited big sister ever. I think five must be the perfect age for this. She's big enough to be helpful, but small enough to be right in the middle of the baby doll/mothering phase. She insisted on making a paper chain to count down to baby sister. I've explained to her that it's not like a countdown to Christmas or birthday ... baby will surprise us and come when she's done cooking. She's ok with it and still wanted the chain. I would take a picture of it, but I'm too lazy. Let's just say it's more fun to say I have 9-ish weeks to go rather than 60-something days. That chain makes me think of all the uncomfortable sleeps I have left. I'm hoping my appetite comes back. I was sick over the weekend and couldn't eat anything, but now I'm feeling better and still can't eat. I want to use the "eating for two" excuse and I can barely even eat for one. I throw things away half-eaten! There's chocolate in the cupboard that doesn't even appeal to me. Shameful!

Let's see ... I started this post earlier in the day and now my brain seems to have turned off. Anything past 10pm is pushing it for me. I randomly decided that a bowl of Crispix cereal was the only thing in the world that I could eat. It was tasty. Don't ask me where these cravings come from because I'm not a cold cereal person at all! It had probably been years since I'd even purchased Crispix!


Now all I want to do is veg out and play Words with Friends... so that's all I got for tonight.

p.s. Am I the only one who dislikes burlap? Maybe I've cut too much for people at work, but it just doesn't appeal to me. The smell, the scratchiness ...  and again, the smell! I just don't get the hoopla over the stuff. I do appreciate the creativity of the burlap projects I see all over the internet, but I'd rather do something colorful - probably with polka dots. 

Random thought ... just had to get it out there. I shouldn't blog when I'm tired. This post is weird. Oh well!

Here's to 2012!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I craved Rice Chex with my little boy. He's 1 1/2 and my daughter is 6 1/2. You're right, 5 years is good. My daughter is a great helper. It's so fun to watch her try to teach him things now. She even uses a mommy voice. We had to get a calendar so she could mark the days off until we got to meet little brother. It's funny that we were so similar. Good luck with the waiting....

Alli said...

Hee hee, your post gave me a laugh! Weird posts are fun. :D I hope your baby lets you eat something more fun tonight!

Elizabeth said...

Those hormones sure wreak havoc on your appetite and dictate what sounds appealing! 2012 is def a great year for a new baby girl!! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for her arrival. You should blog more!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates