Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cousin Olympics



((who the heck even reads my posts lately??))

A few weeks ago we were able to have a mini family reunion with 3 (of our 5) siblings together. My brother Drew was in town from Atlanta with his two kids, Ezra and Naomi. My brother and sister-in-law in Herriman hosted us all for a couple days and we all had a great time. I'm happy when my kids can spend time with their cousins because I have such great childhood memories of times with my cousins. Especially in the summertime. There's just nothing like swimming, jumping on the trampoline, and sleepovers in tents!

On the last night of our time together, all the adults went to dinner and left the big kids in charge (which was awesome). Except Greta, of course - she still comes everywhere with us. But anyway - when we got back to Jason's house, all the kids had prepared a "show" for us. The girls were ready to do gymnastics and the boys had practiced their "karate" (?) moves on the trampoline. Luckily Grace (the oldest cousin) had called and given the parents a head's up so we stopped at the dollar store for prizes. It was really cute. Amanda and Drew gave the awards to all the kids after they did the show and they loved it.



These cute little girls (Ruby 5, Lucy 8, Naomi 6) were so into it. Look at those poses! That reminds me: I need to find Ruby a tumbling class. She really loves it but I have no idea how to teach her this stuff. 



Thomas was the "coach" for the little boys on the trampoline. 
They did some pretty cool jumps and kicks!


Max 7, Ezra 7, Thomas 11, Henry 5


Simon mostly hopped in for photos, I think. 
Don't you love his "cheese" face? He cannot figure out how to show his top teeth when he smiles!

Almost all of the Packham grandkids (missing 5 in No Carolina and 3 in Idaho)


This was before the Olympics! I honestly don't know where she learned this - haha. Too cute.





 



 

Gold medal performances from everyone. 

What a fun night!

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You know I still read 'em

Jocelyn said...

Are you kidding me Blogger? My comment was way longer than that. This is why I hate commenting on anything lately. Blogger messes everything up on my phone! Ruby is so cute. I love her poses. Love them! And the scenery is beautiful. What a view!!!

Unknown said...

just what i was waiting for. What fun times together with my awesome grandkids! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

just what i was waiting for. What fun times together with my awesome grandkids! Thanks for posting!

Gretchen said...

What a handsome group! Ruby is such a natural. I love that you could leave everyone without paying a sitter and with such impressive results!

Laura said...

They are all adorable! I love that you found medals at the dollar store!

melissa said...

I love your blog Sara! You have a beautiful family and are so lucky to have such a large family and extended family!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates