Tuesday, August 12, 2008
It's my birthday ...
Ok friends, I suppose I can get away with anything on my blog today. Right? Wait, I guess I could always get away with anything since it is my blog after all. Well I don't always like to be so "me" centered, but I guess one day per year isn't so bad. My day and my blog. Double bonus!
Anyway ...
I've seen this "tag" thing floating around in blogland, where people leave memories for each other. I thought it seemed like a fun thing to do on my birthday, so please, play along? :)
As a comment, leave a favorite memory you have of me. If, by chance, we've never met in person, just tell me something that will make me smile. :)
And... surprise! This is also a GIVEAWAY! If you leave a comment on this post, you have a chance to win a $30 gift certificate to use in the SewSara etsy shop! I'll draw a winner on Friday.
p.s. When I logged on to write this post and the ticker on the right said there was 30 minutes til my 30th birthday!. That is the magical number, isn't it? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













43 comments:
I remember when you were born.
care to elaborate, bro?
To be honest, I don't have any one particular memory of you; they are all jumbled together, like most of high school memories are for me!
But I do remember going to your mission farewell with Becca. I couldn't believe how fast time had flown --that you were going on a mission! I was so excited for you. And now, here we are, 9 years(?) later, both of us mommies and blogging and such. Crazy.
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Sara. You were such a cute little person! Haven't seen you for years but I love keeping up with your life on your blog! Your little people are so so cute. Have a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Sara! Which memory should I tell? I remember watching movies together, toilet papering, running against each other for Senior Class Vice President,re-connecting at BYU while attending school, and the 10 year class reunion. Have a great day!
Happy Birthday Sara! August 13th is a great day (it's my anniversary too)!
My best memory of you are from the kid's Sew Sara shirts. I really loved Phoebe's P onesie you made her!
oh the memories!! so many good ones :) another one i thought of besides chaaaaaaaaange!!!! is when we would ride around the the "green bean" and sing "Silver Bells" at the top of our lungs :)
for those memories - i better win that $30!! ha ha!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad I picked today to catch up on your blog. I'm drawing a blank on memories so I'll just say that I think you're the cutest mom and you are incredibly talented. I love the stuff you make. I hope you have a sparkly fantastic special princess day!!
Hmmm....meeting you for the first time in that apartment off of Geneva road! I was thrilled to finally meet 'Sister Packham.' I was surprised to learn that you were Tracy Anderson's cousin. Everyone had a crush on him in the 6th grade. Oh, and attending your cousins wedding where everyone was dressed in bright orange. Good times and happy, blissful birthday!
nikki is actually the one that reminded me of silver bells :) i will try to get another one out of her today though...wednesday's are usually a busy day for her, but we will see :) maybe you should put her name in the drawing as well!
I remember the first time I came across your xanga blog it was this picture of Max looking like "What the heck!" he was about 4-6 months old I think. That pic of you at 5 looks so much like Max.
i will always remeber how happy you were and how concerned you were that everyone around you was smiling too. You were a great "neighbor" and you meant alot to me during that time.
And from what I can tell from your blog you haven't stopped smiling!!! :)
Wow, how does one start with 30 years and 5 hours of memories of a precious little girl who grew into an awesome mom, wife and always supportive daughter. What a rock you are and thank you for being you! Didn't we have fun in Estonia? Even spending time in the hospital together in 1989? Ouch! Dressing you in plenty of pink! And the list goes on and on.....happy birthday daughter!
My first memory of you is meeting you at Tami's house a while ago, I think. Or maybe it was at church? It all kind of blurs together, except that you stood out to me as such a creative, fun, exciting person. I think you're a sweetheart!
I "met" you on xanga after receiving a BEAUTIFUL handmade gift package, that Christina had you make for my baby. You have no idea how many people LOVED the "Miracle" onesie you made. I've since ordered many onesies and things from your etsy shop because let's face it... you're fabulous!
Love Brie*
Well, since I haven't "met" you in real life, I will tell you the one thing that I will never forget. And that is when you announced you were pregnant with Ruby. I was in Hawaii and the entire day I couldn't wipe that smile off my face. I just kept thinking that that baby was so lucky to have you for a mommy. You are such an amazing person, mommy and friend. It is hard to believe that one person could have such a big heart and big smile and give others so much joy. Happy Birthday Sara!!!!
Happy B-day! Ok, a funny memory that I have of you is when we went to the bridal fair when I was engaged. I loved that you went with me...and told everyone you were engaged too and entered some drawings. Didn't you win some free teeth whitening? So fun.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day ( I heard that you get a fun little get away- yeah!) My memory would have to be my first impression since we haven't had the chance to have too many memories yet- but my first thought-was that you were so pretty, super friendly- and had an adorable little family who dressed so cutet! I hope we have a chance to get to know each other better. Happy Birthday!
I have no idea how I managed to stumble onto your Xanga but I'm SOOO happy I did! Watching your babies grow and reading their funny stories somehow makes the pain of being babyless a little easier to bear!
Happy Birthday!!!
Sara, I love how craft you are. I wish that I could be that creative. You are always upbeat. Plus you have a beautiful smile!
I didn't know that you had a blogspot account. I'm going to add you here, since I don't use my xanga anymore.
Yeah, happy birthday! I hope this is the lucky year! :) I actually thought you were much younger! Have you painted the kitchen set yet? I want to see your finished product - I'm sure it will be amazing coming from you and your craftiness!
I like when we used to randomly run into each other at Target.
Happy Birthday Sara!!
Since I haven't seen you since high school My memories are all from then. But one thing I always remember about you is how nice you were to everyone and how happy you were. You had a great out look in life. I always had fun hanging out with all you guys when I was the young girl with Amy!
Have such a great birthday!!
It was a warm summer day, in August, I believe, and I remember it so clearly because it was the day after the Treaty of Peace and Friendship was signed between Japan and the People's Republic of China. Pope Paul VI had died just a week earlier. I also remember thinking, August 13th, that's cool, that's the same day Fidel Castro was born in 1926. I was eight.
Happy Birthday, Sara!
I'm excited to hear how it went for you. Since we've never met in person, and I'm not creative, I can't think of anything to say... but I did enjoy reading your brothers elaboration on the day you were born :) He was a smart eight-year-old!
Ok...you won me over with the giveaway! I'm sure our paths crossed at one point at BYU - since I knew so many of the people YOU knew and also knew Drew. But alas, no memories. However, I do want to tell you something that may make you smile! I've been writing on my xanga blog for over 3 years now and you have been there since day 1 - always being supportive through my bad, good and weird times :) I know a lot of people throw around the word "blog friend" casually, but I truly do consider you a TRIED AND TRUE BLOG FRIEND! :) xoxo
HAPPY B-day, cute girl!
ok, so I read all the comments and when I'd scrolled to the bottom I was like, "where's the comment box? How can I leave a comment and win if there's no comment box?" I guess, in addition to being spacey and really tired, I'm just used to Xanga.
My favorite memory is meeting you, David, and your mom. When I first met you, I thought you were so funny and fun to be around. When I met David, I thought, what a nice guy, they are like the perfect couple. And when I met your mom I thought, "oh she is just as cute and sweet as I thought she would be."
Happy Birthday!
happy birthday, hope it was an awesome day!
So, my #1 memory of you was at the state basketball tournament in Pocatello. We were all cheering our heads off and someone threw something to me and I gave it to somebody else (most likely a cute boy?). You turned to me and said, "What the...Why?" I instantly thought you were the super coolest girl I knew because you were so "Rachel" - a la "Friends" - at that moment.
Isn't that a random memory? I know.
Happy Birthday!
Oh the thirtieth comment!! Go me! Hopefully I can type this out fast enough. My best memory of you is before you and David met when we talked on the phone. You were asking me things about him like what he hates and what he really likes. I had no real good advice but I was able to mention that he hates seeing people holding paper in the winter with cold hands. I guess the risk of paper cut freaks him out. You thought that was pretty funny.
Oh and I remember telling him that he had to dump you if you had a lay (sp?) hanging on your rearview mirror. Luckily that wasn't the case. Good thing, right?
Happy 30th. I'm pleased to say I'll be around to make the same comment when you're turning 60. By then you will have forgotten this one anyway.
Happy Birthday Sara!!
I remember all those summers that we lived at baseball games... Yelling for our bros and of course Miss Roxy Gardels!! It was a fun time!!
Hope you had a great day!!
I wish I knew you better than on xanga! Max looks so much like you! Something to make you smile....I think Ruby has the cutest cheeks ever! It really just makes me want to kiss them! And I love that you always have Ruby dressed in red-it's just so cute. I don't have anything red yet for Madelyn, everything I've gotten so far has been pink or purple!
Sara,
Everytime I go shopping and see little cherries on fabric, I think of you and Ruby:)
Hey I got here from Julie's and I would love something from sew sara - like sewing lessons.
I loved turning 30 (I'm 31) I don't understand the lack of love of getting older either. I'm just getting cuter, smarter and funnier and I bet you are too.
Days at Bridge Prop. Mgmt in Murray.
I remember you always dressed so classy.
(and always had a DC on your desk) :-)
Happy Birthday (sorry it's a day late...)!
I remember when we had first met, I showed up at your appt and invited you to go get makeovers at the mall. Lol...even though they didn't turn out great, or the hairdo's, it was fun to spend time with you and get to know you better! You were very pregnant with Max, too! I have some great pics! :)
I think the favorite was seeing you after a few years for the first time at Lizzy's ornament exchange and hearing all about Max and David. It was so great to hear how well things worked out for you.
Oh man I'm mad I missed your birthday!! Our computer crashed and then Matt and Camille had their baby, so I've been celebrating my new niece. Anyway, can't resist sharing a few fun memories of you, my friend! This could be long, so bear with me....
*Hanging out at your house most of my high school years...everyone gathering together before games and dances and such.
*Playing games downstairs in the funeral home, and how casually you'd walk past a casket. I NEVER got used to that!
*dIEt pEpsI...make sure you say the names of all those vowels. That still cracks me up to this day
*Decorating for homecoming with Ericka...remember all those handprints we made?
*Road trip to Cor-Duh-Lane.
*Nearly drowning in the Pacific Ocean and being rescued by "Angel Steve"
*Sitting on your brother's living room floor, painting our nails, watching the fireworks on 4th of July. We were so sunburned we could barely move.
*Racing to lunch in your tiny little Honda (or my red Saab). I saw one the other day that was the exact color and model of yours and it made me smile.
*Getting you to laugh til your head bobs...which happened often...and just sharing in your great giggle.
*Driving home from Portland playing the ABC game (The one where you have to find all the letters of the alphabet on signs).
*Winterfest when we didn't get asked so we went together with a group of girls in our bright yellow tshirts. Stag or Drag, baby!
*Coming to your wedding and seeing how beautiful you looked and how happy you and David were together. And that you used BHS colors for your wedding. :) Only cuter.
*You coming to visit me in South Carolina and me being lame and not wanting to do the sumo wrestling thing. You've always been so brave and fun and never cared what other people thought of you. I've always loved that about you and wished I could be more like that.
Ok, enough for now. Hope your
30th birthday was a wonderful celebration! I love you, friend!
I thought of some more memories that make me smile:
*Oregon 1994 trip, which includes waking up in a truck stop on your 16th birthday! "You're abandoned in Oregon?!"
*Oregon 2000. Well, it was a good idea.
*"Yellow roses?? Drew and Courtney are going to have yellow roses!" (Be sure to say that in your head with the appropriate voice, okay?) Ah, prom. Sorry about the dress, Drew. I still had a fun time.
*Going around Blackfoot taking pictures at all the "hot" spots. We've even got the giant statue lady before she got a makeover and moved to Martha's!
*Driving around singing Little Mermaid songs at the top of our lungs. Man we were cool.
*Halloween with the Super-Kiss and Flamingo. Those costumes were awesome. And I still have the boots.
:)
WOW!!!
court, you're AWESOME! I'm sooooooo glad you remembered these things ... :) I have a huge smile on my face ... especially with the YELLOW ROSES! I had forgotten about that but now it's RINGING CLEAR in my head just like it was yesterday! LOL
Ohhhhhhhhhh man, we had some GREAT TIMES!!
we were SO. COOL. :)
probably when we were in tartu and you were carrying groceries and a popsicle. of course you fell down, but the popsicle, the popsicle survived. hasti tehtud!
Happy Belated Birthday SARA!
I'm sorry I missed your big day. I liked turning 30 too. Hope you had a fun day.
Love,
Katie
Oh Sara... Ive just liked getting to know you over the years. I knew your brothers first through Troy and I wasnt sure what to expect when I met you. Totally thought you were so happy and great! :) You make a room light up and bring smiles all around when you come. OH--I thought of a good memory. When you saw me in Target and you were SOOOOO excited to be getting married. You were telling me about your job-I am fairly certain you didnt really like it, but you were super excited to be getting married. :) Glad it worked out for you! Anyhoo... kudos for turning 30! Kari Wilkins
Post a Comment