Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quilt for Mom

And, of course, we have the tradition of giving gifts! I gave a lot of handmade gifts this year. I'll try to post photos of them all. The one I was most excited about was this quilt for my mom. I loved making it and I think the colors are so fun and happy.





14 comments:

Amberlee said...

The colors are great! I love it! I'm sure your mom loved it too

Tiffany said...

I love the stripes and polka dots!

courtney said...

That is beautiful Sara! I bet your mom was so touched by that. She'll enjoy snuggling with grandkids under it for sure!

DeGooyer Family said...

It turned out SO nice!!!

jamie said...

Gorgeous! What a lucky mama. I always love the fabrics and colors you pick out.

Maren said...

wow! you really are very talented!

Megan said...

I love it!!! So so cute, it makes me happy to look at it ;) Keep the pics of the handmade stuff going so I can copy you!

Amy Jenks said...

It's gorgeous! I'm sure your mom loved it!

Sara said...

haha -- love you, megan! ;)

Tasha said...

Your quilt is awesome! I love it!!! It looks like your christmas was great. Your kids are so cute! I'm glad your mom got to come out & Brooklyn loved the Trees you guys made!

Kathleen said...

Wow! That looks amazing. I love the colors and patterns you put together.

Jed and Lizzy said...

it's so gorgeous. did it take you forever? i love seeing all these new quilts you're doing nowadays. oh and i got your card yesterday

finally! love it. that is such a great family pic. enlarge it!

Gretchen said...

yeah dapple...we're gonna get into many new things. Try a little of this and a little of that. I brought Chris to a yoga class the other night. That was his dappling and he liked it. The quilt is gorgeous. Was it comforter sized or like a couch blanket? Basically how big did you make it? I love the color and pattern combos. I wish I could make quilts, what a useful talent. How did Matt's turn out?

Gretchen said...

oh you're totally right! THat is hilarious! I guess I'll go delete my post. No wonder no one had commented on it. They're probably too busy laughing!
You've got to try the yoga class. I don't like classes either but it is somehow different. Like group therapy. You don't really notice the other peeps cuz you're too busy trying not to fall over.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates