My sister-in-law Aubrey gave me the cute orange/white fish fabric and coordinating dot fabric a couple years ago and I'd been saving it for just the right project. This is a ragged squares quilt (like I did here and my neice did here).
I put white minky on the back. right after I took these pictures (before I even washed it for the first time) Simon pooped on it. That bright yellow/orange breast-fed poop. Ha! I should have known better than to use white, right? Luckily it washed right out, though. I love how the squares fray a little in the wash and make this quilt really soft and cozy. I'm all about the soft. You know how some quilts need like 50 years to get soft? I hate that.
If you want a soft quilt, I suggest the ragged squares quilt and use minky on the back. You can see I'm a huge minky fan. Chenille comes in close second (as far as softness).












8 comments:
those are both adorable blankies Sara! I have a special place for my sweet "name" blankie you gave me too...they're by far the cutest! you're so talented, love them!
How cute sara! I LOVE them!
Those are both so cute!! Be glad you took pictures! I made Haddie the cutest quilt & then appliqued(sp) the letter H on it & it got dropped somewhere when we went to Disney on Ice & I didn't even take one picture! I love the pics that Ruby took! Let me know where you live so we can visit you guys in May!
I love how you made his name on the quilt/blanket! Are you planning to offer things like that on your shop?
I love them! He's soooo cute.
soo cute. i can feel the softness!
Simon is so super cute! I love the name blanket!
Your blankets are so cute!
FYI on the breastmilk poop: it will bleach out if you wash it in cold water and then dry it in the sun. Amazing. Seriously.
Post a Comment