I finished Max's quilt over the weekend. I love how it turned out.
There are 105 unique squares (no repeats!) paired with the white squares.
Max chose light blue minky for the back.
And if you can't tell, I'm not a perfectionist. My corners don't always match up and my lines aren't very straight. I just tell myself it gives the quilt more character. ;)
I need some lessons on how to photograph quilts.
It's tough!
The kids were having a hard time holding it up.
There are 105 unique squares (no repeats!) paired with the white squares.
Max chose light blue minky for the back.
And if you can't tell, I'm not a perfectionist. My corners don't always match up and my lines aren't very straight. I just tell myself it gives the quilt more character. ;)
I need some lessons on how to photograph quilts.
It's tough!
The kids were having a hard time holding it up.
So I got David to help. He's hiding behind it, of course.
| finished size: 54"x51" - I wanted it nice and big so it could grow with him. |
((which square is your favorite?))
Max likes the car. | I'm so predictable, I know. (polka dots!!) |
I have to give Max credit for the binding fabric, too. He found it (at JoAnn's) and at first he wanted it on the back but I suggested we use it for the edges.
I love how it turned out. I think I want to use striped fabric for all my quilt bindings now!
Fresh from the dryer this morning:
(so soft and crinkly!)
I'm now experiencing the post quilt let-down. Can anyone relate?? Sorta like when you finish a really good book and go thru withdrawls. I was so excited to finish it but now I'm feeling the need to start my next quilt.












23 comments:
Great Job! I like the blue and red whale fabric..I have some of that in my stash.
Its beautiful. Love it. I'm just trying to get into dewing and quilting can you reccomend a good sewing machine for beginners?
Well you are going to start a new quilt, or at least project...very soon!! (PS Sunday good?!?)
I like the motorcycle and the yellow dot squares best.
The binding is perfect! I am with you, my FAVE bindings are stripes (and ginghams). Can't be beat!
That is so cute! Do you have a quilting machine or do you quilt it on your sewing machine? Nice job!
rozla - thanks!
i do it on my regular sewing machine with a walking foot :)
1. the binding is my favorite. i love it so much and are your white squares minky? brilliant.
2. can't wait to see you.
3. my quilt loves you and is excited to have you help me bind.
So cute! Lucky Max. I really love the binding fabric. It's perfect.
Wow! I love it! And I love your blog. You don't know me I just came across you somehow during my crafty blog browsing :)
cheapcheapchickadee.blogspot.com/
Love it! You do a great job.
Aaaah! It turned out so great!!!!
Oh, and my fave is the sock monkey square. I love sock monkeys.
Post-quilt let down -- I know EXACTLY what you mean! Maybe that's why I never finish anything (lol). That turned out SO beautifully! I love it! The quilting is really awesome and that striped binding is totally the bomb! Beautiful job!
xo -E
Gosh that is FABULOUS!!
I totally get the let-down feeling. I've been working on a product for about a month now with all my focus and just finished it up last night and listed it in the store today and then thought "Now what?!" Time to move on to the next project :)
Hey I wanted to add a song to the favs list. I just got around downloading the Mindy Gledhill album "Anchor" this morning and I actually cried when I heard "Whole Wide World". The message is AWESOME and the music is perfect. Check that one out for sure :)
sis -- no the white squares are just cotton.
can't wait to see you!!!
That is DARLING! I love the stripes for the edges. Sorry...can't relate to post quilt let-down. Maybe you have to craft (or read) to feel something like that. :)
Still planning a get together...maybe next month. How's a Friday night? Dinner at our place? Let me know what you think.
Love it!! I have only made a few quilts...but you may be inspiring me to do a few more! I love all the white tying the randomness together!
love it! Good job!!
I love it!! I think quilts should not be allowed to have all straight lines and perfect corners. It's what makes it unique and you know it was made with love!
I got Carters shirt yesterday, I loved the wrapping! When I saw the polka dots I knew right away what it was. Thank YOU!!!!! I'll make sure to post pics with him wearing it.
So cute!!
My favorite squares are (pick one...puhlease) the Owl one (♥ owls), the one with the wee Kangaroo (and other animals) & the one with the wee fish. CUTE!!
Super cute- I love the way it all works together-- even though they don't coordinate or match- it just works- and it looks awesome! Makes me want to use my scraps and do something like this for Mike's parents for Christmas. I am majorly impressed- love it!
Lucky kids :)
Love it.
L O V E it!
WOW!!! This quilt turn out great...I love it, and especially like the way you quilted it. You are one clever gal.
Post a Comment