Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sick and Rainy Halloween

In the past, I've really gotten into Halloween and planning the kids' costumes. I think the Oompa Loompas from 2008 will be hard to beat. But this year I just didn't have the energy/time/desire to coordinate everyone. We changed our mind at least four times but finally settled on some (borrowed from cousins) costumes: a knight, a princess, and a monkey.

The cute little monkey had no idea what was going on:

We did make the princess hat ... we have glitter everywhere (it's covered in pink glitter if you can't tell).

I got a cheap angel costume from work at the last minute. And David went as a Highway patrol officer -- complete with flashing lights on his dad's old cop car. Here we are at the trunk-or-treat last night:


And today ... I'm sick and it's raining! Grandma took the big kids trick-or-treating w/ the cousins. I'm sure they'll come home wet and soggy. Meanwhile, I'm eating some of my favorite homemade chicken noodle soup and cozying up with the laptop -- while daddy takes care of little Simon. 

And I almost forgot ... my quilt won the contest! Thanks to you for voting! I'm excited to use my gift certificate to pick out some fabric here!! Maybe that's what I'll do tonight while I'm sick and not out Halloweening. :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry your sick! Is it bad..or funny...that I voted for your quilt in the contest too? Good work, can't wait to see what you pick out.

Amelia said...

Congrats on the win! I love all your Halloween costumes. Hope you feel better soon!!

Elizabeth said...

Those oompah loompas are totally adorable. My kids are too big and have too many of their own opinions to get away with doing that for them now. Glad you got it in while you still have a say ;). Also, your princess, knight and monkey are super cute. I decided a few years ago that I was only going to make costumes every other year because it is so much work. Sorry you were sick -- hope you're feeling better and hope the cuties had lots of fun.

xo -El

P.S. Congrats on your quilt's win. It is really cute!

Kristen said...

Hope you're feeling better. You all still look great.

Forrest said...

Congratulations on winning the quilting contest!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates