Tuesday, November 9, 2010

baby minky quilts

I've been busy making baby quilts lately. Lots of friends having babies! I went to Tiffany's baby shower on Saturday and she's having twins ... so I made her these quilts.


I tried to make them coordinating, but not too matchy. 
I used the same yellow dot and lime green print in both of them. 
I forced myself to use what fabrics I already had on hand, 
even though it was tempting to go buy new stuff. 
I hope that doesn't make me sound like a cheap gifter!

I snapped these photos just seconds before wrapping the quilts and dashing to the shower.
So that's my excuse for the poor pictures.
But really, I just need a better camera!




The quilt below was for Lizzy's new baby Cash:




When I made Cash's quilt, I took photos for a step-by-step tutorial. It's nothing new as far as rag quilts go, but I just thought I'd document my process in case anyone else would like to make one. I made it a separate post and you can see it HERE.

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday!
and other favorite linky parties

9 comments:

Megan said...

Love the baby quilts! The look so cuddly! Great job! I'm going to have to check out your tutorial

Jennifer said...

Love them! Your fabric choices are great!

Jennifer :)

Leslie said...

these are adorable. and look so soft and cozy

Tiffany said...

I personally LOVE them and can't wait to use them!!! :)

aimee said...

Um Can I just say now I'm REALLY excited about having twins ;)

Wendy said...

So cute and cuddly looking. Thanks for sharing your tutorial too.

Harriet Toothfighter said...

It's things like this that make me wish that I was a sewer instead of a baker. I'm glad you're a sewer though because you obviously have so much fun with it. :) Your tutorial makes it look so easy though. . . .

Quiltstory said...

Sara, you are just so productive! These are great. When are we hanging out again?

Melanie said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! I named my new baby girl Autumn Rose.

Love your blog. You are one talented lady. Beautiful quilts.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates