Tuesday, December 7, 2010

lazy monday ...

a lazy monday means i have something to post for fab tuesday!
i meant to get going all day but the van was in the shop and david was out running errands (this is a huge improvement, right?!)

so instead, the kids watched too many movies and i sewed.
and simon ... well ... you'll see.


Not in the mood for "real" quilting so I'm doing my favorite minky squares!







I also did this little blanket for my cousin's new baby who is just a few days old. 
We'll see her this weekend at a family Christmas party.


it's way too late! goodnight!
(you know you're up too late when you start getting hungry again, right?!)

p.s. In my previous post I mentioned a custom order that I just mailed off today ... 
I worked on it all weekend! I figured I'll let my friend (who paid for it!) see it first before I go posting any pics. Just in case!

12 comments:

CJ said...

I LOVE that Olivia blanket! How do you do the letters (and on MINKEE no less!).
I don't know how you can get any sewing done with that little elf you have helping you. :)
Great mix of fabrics for the Christmas quilt.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Love the progress on your Christmas quilt, it's going to be adorable! And your little munchkin pulling bolts of fabric to climb on is hysterical. Totally put a smile on my face this morning :) Happy Fabric Tuesday to you!

MommyMert said...

Seriously... you always make the cutest things and than I am Jones-ing after them. aka. The Halloween quilt, now your Christmas one and that Olivia blanket is just... mmm... Okay, one of these days I am going to get my sewing grove on and call you to help me pick out fabric. :) ps, I am happy to hear Hubby is back and at them again.

randi said...

such cuteness! i am loving that christmas quilt! but more than that i love the little one raiding the closet. too fun!

Wendy said...

I love the Christmas quilt...bright and cheery. I, too, am intersted in how you did the letters in Olivia. What a cute idea! And as always...that Simon...adorable little stinker! Thanks for sharing his antics with us. Have a great week!

courtney said...

Hooray that David is up and about! I bet he's thrilled at being able to do that too.

Just yesterday I was wishing I had a cute Christmas throw for my couch and I KNEW you'd have something great up your sleeve at your house! Sounds like a fun way to spend the day.

Jenn said...

What a clever little guy! It's so neat to watch how their little mind works and how they figure things out.

I Love love love the Olivia blanket (did I mention that I love it?!?) I would never have picked orange minky, but it looks so cute with the owl flannel back! Plus her name is just positivly adorable! I also want to know how you appliqued on the minky.

Riel Nason said...

Those are great festive fabrics in your Christmas quilt. I really like in your header how you have your name spelled in buttons -- too cool. That's also pretty hilarious your little guy is standing on the bolts!!!

Stacia said...

I'm with everyone else - how did you do the letters on the Minky? You are too talented. I can barely sew with Minky at all! You have to share your secrets.
All of them...because I can't sew while watching my kids either!! :)

Jocelyn said...

I love a lazy day.

I really want to make minky quilts for each of my kids this year, but at the rate I'm going, it's definitely not going to happen. Blah.

Love the Christmas colors!

Quiltstory said...

Sara, SUPER CUTE! You get so much done! I am impressed!

aimee said...

Ha that pic of Simon is adorable! What a cute little man.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates