Monday, June 20, 2011

Yards and Yards (and a giveaway!)

(this giveaway is now closed -- thanks for playing!)

I recently came across a great blog and etsy shop:


Anna is the brains behind this operation and has a lot of great tutorials and projects on her blog. She has also started selling her patterns in her etsy shop. I got the All Squared Up quilt pattern and also the Totebag pattern. I am dying to use them -- they are great patterns. I love it when someone else does all the measurements and math! (too much math involved in sewing and quilting - wouldn't you agree?!)
 

She recently posted a tutorial for an adjustable apron, which I love.
Check it out HERE.

Now for the giveaway ... you can enter to win a Yards and Yards PDF pattern of your choice! And I'm also tossing in a $10 SewSara gift card to use in my etsy shop!

You can enter up to five times. Leave a separate comment for each, or it won't count. Thanks!

1- Leave a comment here telling me what pattern you'd choose from Anna's shop.
2- Follow Yards and Yards blog
3-  Follow my blog (SewSara)
4-  Like Yards and Yards on Facebook
5- Like SewSara on Facebook


good luck! we'll announce the winner next Monday, June 27th!


p.s. I posted about Max's birthday, too. What a crazy/fun weekend!

112 comments:

Tracy said...

It's a toss up, but if I had to choose I think I'd pick the All Squared Up quilt pattern. It looks like something that I might actually be able to do : )

Tracy said...

I'm now following Yards & Yards blog :)

Tracy said...

Already a SewSara follower :)

Tracy said...

New fan of Yards & Yards on FB :)

Tracy said...

New fan of SewSara on FB :)

Lara Petch said...

I like the messenger bag patterns, but I'd also really like to give quilting a go...hmmm I dunno :)

Lara Petch said...

I follow yards and yards (thats actually how I found you)

Lara Petch said...

And now I follow you too!

Lara Petch said...

Liked Yards and Yards on FB

Lara Petch said...

Liked SewSara on FB

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

I am a follower.

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

I would pick the All Squared Up quilt pattern.

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

I follow Yards and Yards blog.

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I really like the Scripture tote Messenger bag

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I like Yards & Yards on FB

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I like Sew Sara on FB

Deb said...

I like the All Squared Up quilt pattern.
Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

Deb said...

I am already a follower of your blog.

Deb said...

I like SewSare on FB.

Deb said...

I liked Yards & Yards on FB

Deb from Clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

Deb said...

I am a follower of Yards & Yards blog.

Deb

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I like the messenger bag pattern.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I like you on facebook too!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I follow yards and yards blog.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I also like yards and yards on facebook.

Asher's Mom said...

I like the all squared up pattern at Anna's Shop!!

Asher's Mom said...

I started following Your Blog (sewsara) Last week....LOVE IT!!

Asher's Mom said...

I now follow the Yard and Yards Blog!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm in love with that squared up quilt, but when am I ever going to quilt? I'd have to say I'd probably choose the apron pattern.

Jocelyn said...

I follow your blog.

Jocelyn said...

I'm a Facebook fan of SewSara.

ElfRenee said...

I would choose the Messenger Bag!!

reneelasater(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jocelyn said...

Just liked Yards and Yards on FB!

ElfRenee said...

I follow your blog! :)

ElfRenee said...

I follow the Yards and Yards blog!

Jessica said...

I would choose the All Squared Up pattern but I love them all!

Jessica said...

I follow the Yards and Yards blog :)

Jessica said...

I also follow the SewSara blog!

Jessica said...

I like SewSara on Facebook now!

Jessica said...

I've also liked Yards and Yards.

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

I would love the pattern for the uptown messenger bag.
melaniefullmer@yahoo.com
-Melanie

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

What do you do to consider yourself a follower of Yards & Yards blog? I just found them and would like to follow them. Does that count?
-Melanie

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

Already follow sewsara's blog
-Melanie

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

liked sewsara on facebook just now.
-Melanie

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

I'm new to following yards and yards on facebook.
-Melanie

Jolene said...

Hmmmm, I *think I would choose the messenger bag... or the bible bag.... still deciding!

Jolene said...

I am now a fan of SewSara on FB!

Jolene said...

I am now a fan of Yards and Yards on FB!

Jolene said...

I follow the SewSara blog!

Jolene said...

I follow the Y&Y blog!

Tiffany said...

I like the scripture tote, super cute! I can think of A LOT of people to make these for :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely giveaway! I really like her All Squared Up Original pattern! It looks un-complicated. =) Thanks for a chance to win!

Anonymous said...

Following your blog now. Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

I'm following Yards & Yards now too! Thanks again!

Krista said...

Think I'd pick the Scripture quote bag. Thanks for the giveaway!

mommy2luke2008 said...

I would choose the uptown messenger bag!
maryw1981 at yahoo dot com

mommy2luke2008 said...

I'm following your blog!
maryw1981 at yahoo dot com

Quiltstory said...

I follow you!

Quiltstory said...

I like you on FB!

Anonymous said...

I would like to try the all squared up pattern. Looks like a fun project. My fingers are crossed.

Anonymous said...

I am following Yards and Yards blog.

Anonymous said...

I am a SewSara on Facebook. :-)

Anonymous said...

I liked Yard and Yards on facebook.

Anonymous said...

I follow the SewSara Blog.

Unknown said...

I think I would choose the All Squared Up quilt pattern. I've been wanting to do a quilt for a while now and that one seems easy to follow and is super cute!

Unknown said...

I follow Yards & Yards blog. :)

Unknown said...

I follow your blog, SewSara!

Unknown said...

I already like Yards and Yards on facebook.

Unknown said...

I like SewSara on facebook.

crescendogal said...

Entry #1: I like the uptown messenger bag pattern from Anna's etsy shop!

crescendogal@yahoo.com

crescendogal said...

Entry #2: Am a new (& happy) follower of Yards & Yards blog!

crescendogal@yahoo.com

crescendogal said...

Entry #3: Am a new (& happy) follower of Sew Sarah's blog! (even though I thought I was already...good thing I double-checked!)

crescendogal@yahoo.com

crescendogal said...

Entry #4: am a 'liker' of Yards & Yards on facebook

crescendogal@yahoo.com

crescendogal said...

Entry #5: Am a 'liker' of SewSara on facebook! ('sew' sorry about the name typo above ^)

crescendogal@yahoo.com

Dylans World said...

Toss up between the all sewed up pattern or The Heirloom Stocking...I've never attempted a quilt but would love to!

Dylans World said...

I am now a follower of your blog!

Dylans World said...

I'm now a follower of yards and yards blog

Dylans World said...

I've 'liked' yards and yards on facebook

Dylans World said...

i've liked SewSara on facebook :)

Kelly Irene said...

Fun giveaway! I would choose the All Squared Up pattern. Thanks for the chance to win :)

Kelly Irene said...

I am a SewSara blog follower.

Marci Girl said...

Hands down I would love the Ruffles and Rosettes Handbag pattern, awesome!

Marci Girl said...

I am a SewSara blog follower!

Abby said...

Following your blog!

Abby said...

Following Yards and Yards

Betsy said...

Oh, I would get the stocking pattern for sure! This December will mark the our second wedding anniversary. Living life simple means we don't have stockings we like yet! This could change that!!

Betsy said...

I'm following SewSara!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

scripture messenger bag looks like the best pattern.

thx for the freeby (if i win)

cheers
rose

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

Hi I'm popping over from yards and yards! I would absolutely LOVE her ruffles and rosettes pattern!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

I am a follower of yards and yards blog!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

And I am now your newest follower of SewSara!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

I liked yards and yards on facebook as: livelaughphotograph

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

I liked sew sara on facebook as: livelaughandphotograph!

Kristin said...

If I could choose a pattern I would like the ruffle purse pattern. It is so cute! :) I am in need of a new bag for summer!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76396364/pdf-sewing-pattern-ruffles-and-rosettes

Kristin said...

I am now following your blog :)

Kristin said...

I am now a follower of yards and yards blog too!

Kristin said...

I have liked yards and yards on facebook

Kristin said...

I have liked Sew Sara on facebook!

Kimberlee said...

I would get the Heirloom Stocking Pattern. I am 'trying' to get a jumpstart on my xmas stuff.
~Kimberlee
SpunkyDiva at live.com

Kimberlee said...

I follow Yards and Yards blog.
~kimberlee, SpunkyDiva at live.com

VickiT said...

It's a toss up on which pattern I would choose. I really love the messenger bag, but I would have to choose the Heirloom Stocking Pattern because I promised stockings to a family member last year. Because they have one child and another on the way, I think it would be super fun to make four matching stockings for everyone in their family but use individualized embellishments for each person on thier own stocking.

VickiT said...

I follow Yards and Yards blog

VickiT said...

I'm now a follower of your blog too. CUTE blog too btw. LOVE the ric rac sides and how clean looking your blog is.

Amber said...

I would love the Ruffles and Rosettes Handbag pattern - so cute!

Amber said...

I'm a follower of the Yards and Yards blog!

Amber said...

I follow your blog!

Living in La La Land said...

I would love to have the All Squared Up Pattern!
I have been wanting to a square quilt but don't dare tackle all of the mathmatics on my own!! haha
Thank you both for the opportunity!

Living in La La Land said...

I follow Yards & Yards blog!

Living in La La Land said...

I follow SewSara!

Living in La La Land said...

I like Yards & Yards on Facebook:ChacoyAguayo;)

Living in La La Land said...

I like SewSara on Facebook:ChacoyAguayo:}

The Noyce Family Adventure said...

I would like the flower pattern!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates