I don't know if it's a Utah thing, or what. But I have heard WAY too many people lately say "Modge Podge." Drives me nuts! It's Mod Podge.
Oh and while I'm at it ... please say fabric and not material. Or "favric" is ok, as my kids say. I had a textiles class at BYU and on the very first day, the teacher drilled it in our head that "material" can be anything: wood, plastic, metal, etc. But fabric is the stuff that you buy on the bolt.
I hear both of these all the time at work.
*whew, I feel better now.
Sorry for the rant.
I promise I'm having a better day! haha.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













12 comments:
"Modge Podge" has been driving me crazy too! The worst is when I say "Mod Podge" then they say "Modge Podge" to correct me! Ugh.... ha glad you feel the same way I do!
Oh, this makes me laugh! Don't tell the owners of "Material Girls" that they're just selling fabric! LOL
I used to hate it when passengers would call me a "stewardess." I always wanted to ask them if it was 1965 and should I light their cigarette for them.
I get it! :)
My daughter used to say favric also!
Love it! I hear "Modge Podge"Your stuff is amazing all the time too!
This is Krista, I did the pictures at Chelsea's wedding and was wondering if you got the pictures you were hoping for of the quilt table/sign in table. Let me know if you need anything emailed your way.
p.s. I am way impressed with this blog I am somewhere between novice and intermediate when it comes to sewing but I do love it. I will be back!
I'm with you on the fabric vs. material debate.
As for Modge Podge, you're probably too young to remember, but it actually used to say MODGE right on the label. It was only a few years ago that I realized that they'd changed the name.
xo -E
Ok for a minute there I thought I was going crazy until I read Elizabeth's note. When I used the "podge" way back in the 80's it was called MODGE PODGE, then I seen that jar, and was second guessing myself. Do you ever watch SciFi TV? Oh wait, SyFy? Things change and it really messes with your head. The one that hasn't is material vs fabric......that one drives me nuts too! It is called a fabric store for a reason.
This is one of those moments where I wish I was an ALL CAPS user. Both of those things make me crazy!
How funny! I have a few things that drive me crazy too.... Maybe it'll help if I say them out loud too :)
Have a great day!
-Julia
Bluejcottage.blogspot.com
I've fairly new to quilting, and it's taken me quite a while to get used to calling it "fabric" instead of cloth or material.
And I used to say these too (totally unrelated to quilting):
I wash my hair, not shampoo my hair.
I paint my nails, not polish my nails.
My Mom would jump me every time until I finally learned "shampoo" and "polish".
This made me laugh, which on a day like to day I really needed. I think that maybe it is a Utah thing. I grew up in Utah and my entire family says "material", I actually get funny looks when I say "fabric", and they are all super sewers. It wasn't until I moved to Missouri and really started quilting and sewing on my own that I started hearing Fabric. I still catch myself alot but I'm working on it.
"Modge Podge" drives me nuts too!! Ha ha! You poor thing :)
I agree! It drives me nuts to hear "Modge Podge". Good to hear I'm not the only one :).
Post a Comment