Thursday, January 26, 2012

Appleville

I have been sewing a lot for baby sister. I consider this a "sorta" quilt. I pieced the top, but I didn't put batting in it and quilt it the traditional way. The main a panel of Appleville (Robert Kaufman) that I bought months ago and then didn't know what to do with it. I just cut it up and added the random polka dot borders. Piecing it all together was more tricky than I thought. I splurged and got "quilt shop" minky (as opposed to the less expensive stuff from JoAnns) for the back. I first put them right-sides-together and sewed around the edge. Then top stitched around all the squares, using my walking foot. It's about 36x40" - should be a nice size/weight for baby girl!


back view
close-up view of top stitching
You should have seen me out in the freezing cold, taking these photos on the back patio, in my pjs and slippers. haha! Brrrr.

4 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

So adorable! Love the bright and cheerful colours!

Quiltstory said...

Love how you put this together Sara, soo soo cute, I may just follow your lead with my Appleville panel!

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Absolutely adorable quilt...and Ruby's dress is FAB!! ♥

Amanda Jean said...

That's a really cute quilt! You did a nice job on it. I love all the polka dots.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates