Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Purple and Green

I made this quilt for my sister-in-law, who is expecting her first girl (4th child) any day now. I didn't know what colors to go with, but I didn't peg her for a pink girl. So I went with these purples and greens.

When it arrived in the mail, she sent me an excited text saying "it matches her bedroom perfectly! did I tell you the colors?" Awesome, huh? Sure enough, we visited them (in Idaho) last weekend and couldn't believe how great it matched. Her bedding is purple and green. Yay! I mailed it before we knew we were making the trip, or else I'd have delivered it by hand. Oh well -- it's always fun to get a package in the mail.

I'll toss in this photo and, believe me, we are both more uncomfortable than we are letting on. She's due 2/9 and I'm due 3/14. It will be fun to have two little girl cousins so close in age.






When Ruby was helping me with the photos, I said, "Ok turn it around so I can see the back" and I laughed when she just did this:
Cute huh?



It's all flannel on the front, and super soft minky on the back -- very cuddly and soft!

I used 8" squares and used the same method as THIS TUTORIAL. The minky rag quilts are always a favorite when I give them as gifts. We have a few in our quilt stash and they are used more often than the "traditional" quilts when we watch TV. Go ahead- make one!


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Julie H said...

It's so pretty! I think I need to make my nieces these for Christmas next year using my vintage sheet stash :)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates