Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Boy


I've posted a lot about Ruby and Simon lately. I don't want to leave Max out. Heaven knows he isn't forgotten. I worry sometimes that we expect too much of him, as the oldest child. But I have to remind myself he's only 6 years old (turning 7 in June!). He's doing great in Kindergarten and seems to get along with all the kids in his class. It's fun to see him learning to read and write. David and I can't s-p-e-l-l out words to each other anymore. It's funny when he catches us doing it.

I took him for a haircut a week or so ago and he came out quite buzzed. It was a little shorter than I planned, but he still looks cute. I think he looks cute in the 3D glasses that are hanging around the house. I had glasses by the time I was his age, so I'm curious if he will need them anytime soon. Maybe he'll luck out with a few more years of good eye sight.


Last night was his school's Talent Show. He sang a solo - "Sing a Song" and did a great job. I offered to play the piano to accompany him, but he did it a'capella. I could tell he was super nervous, but he did a great job. I will post the video clip shortly.

Here he is with his artwork as well.

Max could live on popcorn and ice cream if I let him.
He is obsessed with playing Angry Birds on David's phone (we're kicking ourselves for showing it to him).
He loves to eat breakfast and/or lunch in the school cafeteria. It's a great day if he gets to do both!
(he's half-day Kindergarten, so we don't always make it for both).
Simon calls him "Bats."

He's a great big brother. I love watching him grow up!


2 comments:

Ang Campbell said...

He's so adorable. I can't wait to see the video of his performance!!!

Quiltstory said...

So cute! I love that your kids will perform! :)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates