Each grade chose two winners, and Ruby was one of the winners for Kindergarten.
She got to have lunch with the principal (and all the other winners, who were coincidentally all girls!) and the book will be printed into a hard-bound copy to be kept in the library, and one copy to keep.
She wrote this all on her own, just asking how to spell a word (or not) here and there.
They were told to write about an event or something that is important to them. Not surprisingly, she chose to write about Greta. She loves her little sister so much!
that's a picture of me lying on the couch (yellow) with a quilt (red).
I like the Big Bro and Big Sis shirts
That's Greta in her red carseat.
I will post pictures of Max's book, too, of course.













6 comments:
so super cute! you have a young author!
There is so much that I love about this, but the most obvious at the moment is the fact that she skipped all the pregnancy stuff and went right to Greta's arrival. That makes me happy as a mom! And I love that the big Bro and Sis shirts were a key part of the event in her mind. And I love that she remembered that she held Greta first.
These are all things that allow me to catch a glimpse of you as a mom and the memories you're giving your beautiful children. You're doing awesome, Mom!!!!!
This was just fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my.. tears in my eyes at my desk at work! This is the best book I've read.. go Ruby!! I adore the illustrations too, such a talented girl.. and yes, we all love Greta!
You have a beautiful family, I feel the love x
sweet!!!
So cute! You have a beautiful family!
That has to be one of the sweetest things I've ever read. What a cute family you have and by the way, you are so stinking creative! I love your blog! By the way, this is Cindy, Julie's sister!
Post a Comment