Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May day! May day!

I'm going down! Ok, maybe that is a bit dramatic. But do  you ever feel like you need to just step back and simplify life? On a daily basis, you say? Well, yeah. We all get in over our heads, right? I am particularly good at this. 

I just can't say no and I want to (try) and do it all. 

Every now and then I just need a breather. I am taking a short break from custom orders right now. I thought I'd put it here on the blog, even though I already mentioned it on my Facebook page

I love the business and love making custom orders, but I have to make sure I'm not over-doing it and missing the important things in life  - mainly my children. I need to make sure I'm not rushing my kids to bed just to get "to work" or avoiding time on the floor with the baby just so I can get a few stitches in. 

I'm all about having a hobby and some "me time" but I know I won't look back on life and wish I'd made more quilts, but I know I'll wish I'd hugged my babies more. Gotta make sure I'm finding the balance and it's tricky.

Today I laid on the couch with Simon for awhile. We were snuggling and he squeezed my neck and said, "I love you real hard!" 
The feeling's mutual. Love you real hard. 




 

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I hear you, girlfriend. I was having thoughts along these exact same lines today. Our time with our babies is SO IMPORTANT. And sadly its so easy to put our babies aside and reach for the other, more 'pressing' matters! I applaud your balance and ability to take time off when needed. xo

SewSara said...

Thanks lauren! And thsnks for leaving a comment :-) xoxo

SewSara said...

Thanks lauren! And thsnks for leaving a comment :-) xoxo

Stephanie said...

What a sweet moment. And what a good reminder.

Angie said...

Totally agree! I loved a recent(ish) talk about putting things and distractions aside for our family. My husband makes sure his phone is out of his hands when the kids want to visit/play games, and I've tried to stay off of my laptop when my kids are home.

courtney said...

I know that feeling all too well! Glad to hear you're cutting back and remembering the important stuff. Happy snuggling!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates