Some things that are just *so* Max:
- We were making muffins the other day and Max wanted to help w/ the egg. He said "Let's hatch it, mama!" {I love how he calls me Mama, instead of Mom or Mommy. I don't know why, it's just cute.}
- We watched The Charlie Brown Valentine Special last week and later that night Max said to me, "Come on Charlie Brown." And he re-discovered his Snoopy stuffed animal, but insisted for a few days that his name was Snoofy.
- One day I heard Max crying at Ruby "No, Ruby! Don't! Ruby... stop!!" and I thought she must be taking a toy away from him or something. But I ran to find that she was at the top of the stairs, and he was afraid she was going to fall because she was trying to go down standing up, which she hasn't learned to do yet. When I came, Max told me, "She's gonna fall!" It's happened a few times since then, and he is always watching out for her when she tries to go down the stairs w/o sitting down on her bottom. He is such a sweet big brother (though "big" is relative, since he's only got a few pounds and a few inches on her).
^ Ruby 'took one for the team' in that photo. haha.
- He's recently been really been intrigued by the idea of "yesterday." He asked me, "Did you change Ruby's diaper yesterday?" And then the other day, "Remember yesterday, you went to the eye doctor?" And it's true, we did go to the eye doctor yesterday. He already has a better memory than me!
- The other day, just out of the blue he said, "I love Ruby. She's so cute."
- Max's new favorite cereal is Frosted Mini Wheats. And currently, there is a picture of Hannah Montana (a teenage pop star) on the cereal box. You asked who she was, so we told you, and now you insist on having "Montana Cereal" every morning. And sometimes for lunch or dinner, too.
1 comments:
ha ha- I always kept 3 little notebooks by my bed and whenever my kids would say something funny or cute I would run and write it down. I'm soooo glad I did because you forget! It is fun to pull those out and read them now and laugh over the funny things they did and said--good job!
Post a Comment