Monday, May 12, 2008

In Memory

My Grandmother lived an exemplary life, full of love, happiness, and service. She passed away on Friday evening at the age of 92. We are sad and will miss her dearly, but we know she is reunited with my Grandpa Max (whom my little Max is named after). I'm sure that she and Gramps are happy to be together again. She was so ready to go and had been in agonizing pain for several months. Grandma was an amazing woman with a strong love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She always had a smile on her face and uplifting words for everyone she met. I remember her saying things like, "Life is too short to be depressed or feel sorry for ourselves!" or "You make your own happiness" or "The only things that matter in life are The Gospel and our families." She and I had a special bond that maybe only she and I understood. I have so many great memories and they will last forever.

I'm going to her funeral in Utah this week. I'll take just Ruby with me since she can still fly for free. It will be nice to be with my mom and other family members and I know we'll have a good time remembering Grandma and paying her tribute.

I love you, Grandma Dear!


^Grandma and me in 1986


^ October 2006, holding Ruby


^Four Generations
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

courtney said...

Oh friend, that makes me cry. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But, at the same time, happy for her to be at peace. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie said...

What incredible pictures you have with her! She seems like one neat woman. I hope you have a safe trip to Utah.

Cheryl said...

It's hard to lose a grandparent, even if it is time for them to go. I'm sorry! But what beautiful memories and pictures...I ditto Julie. Be safe!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Those pictures are so great. I love that you are pushing her on the swing. Sorry for your loss.

Nate and Melissa said...

It's tough when you someone so close to your heart passes. I think that photo of the 4 generations is so special.

Angie said...

Wishing you the best. I am glad you'll see your family here in Utah, and you have such nice pictures with your Grandma.

Camille Winter said...

Sara, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's so hard to lose a grandparent. I hope you are doing okay.... I love all the pics you put up. The one on the swing is just priceless..... You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Tobey said...

I had no idea! I am so sorry. She sounds like such an amazing woman. (I love the four generations pic it is beautiful).

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates