Tuesday, June 3, 2008
it's true: they grow up too quickly!
Our bedtime routine is exactly the same every night: brush teeth, read stories, then both kids climb in Max's bed with their babas (blankets) and we sing a bunch of songs and cuddle. The kids both love to sing and will toss out requests before we even climb in bed. Ruby always says "Jesus" because she wants to sing "Jesus Said Love Everyone" and Max will ask for "Baby Mine" or "Temple Song" (I Love to See the Temple), among many others. After singing, we kneel by Max's bed and say prayers. Then we all give hugs and kisses and tell Max goodnight, and I take Ruby to her crib.
Tonight Max said "I just need you to come back and talk to me" so I put Ruby to bed and came back to "talk." He was so cute and said "We just had suuuuuch a fun day, didn't we?" and went on to tell me what we did during the day that he loved. It was so funny because I usually say that to him as we're getting ready for bed and ask him what he liked about the day. I guess I forgot to do that tonight so he initiated the conversation. So I cuddled in bed with him for awhile and just tried to soak up the precious-ness of my little 2-yr-old guy who is growing up way too quickly! He'll be THREE on June 17th ~ I just can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday I held him for the first time and fell instantly in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is so super sweet. What a gem!
And aren't little boys so fun? I agree with your thoughts on my blog -- they are just as fun to get all dolled up (okay -- I have to admit -- ALMOST as fun) as little girls. I love all the preppy clothes I find for Brig -- and that he likes to wear them.
It's so true! They do grow up too quickly. It's amazing sometimes. I love your bedtime routine. So fun! And that picture of you, hubby, and Max is just adorable. I love the first time an infant is held and loved. Sigh...
Ah, I miss tucking them in and singing to them. Love them and miss you all! Grandma
Hey Sara!
Darling little ones! Sorry to hear about your grandma. How are you? I will have to check in to your blog to keep updated. :> Thanks for finding me! Ashlee.
Hey Sara-this is Melissa (Olsen). I came across your blog awhile back and thought it was about time that I commented. (My brother calls people like myself blogstalkers-people who look at others blogs without ever commenting-so I'm trying to change that!) I've had fun looking at your blog-Your kids are Mini-Sara's-I love it!! And you are so talented with all of your craft stuff-Wow! It is fun to see everyone's lives and realize that most people are so similar-just trying to raise good families and be happy (and just make it through the day sometimes :)) Well hope to stay in touch-Talk to you later!
Oh Max was just the cutest little newborn with that round soft face!! Isn't it sad we can't go back?
What a cute guy with his needing to talk to mom.
We call blankets "binkies" - funny huh? "Baba" is the word for bottle around here.
Aw! So sweet.
By the way, did you make or buy that cute lion shirt? My little guy saw it and said he wants one. :-)
Post a Comment