Thursday, December 2, 2010

December ....

December is supposed to be my month - right?!

Well ... I got to drink hot chocolate by myself in a gas station tonight. That's nice right?

Except that I was there waiting to be rescued by my husband because the van broke down on the freeway as I was on my way to supposedly have dinner w/ my friend and finally see her new apartment in Salt Lake. I'd been looking forward to it all week! I am thankful that I was at least close to an exit when I heard that awful "thump" under the hood and I made it to that gas station. *sigh*

Now my tongue is burned (they call it hot chocolate for a reason) and our van is broken.
Come on, December ... don't follow November's example!

(I'm loving all the comments on yesterday's post ... I'm hoping our library has these movies to check out. keep 'em coming :) )

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Ack, Sara, I'm so sorry! It always seems like all the crap happens at once. That is how I felt last Feb. when Blaise was in the hospital and then we got lice and Roy was worried about losing his job. Just keep praying and having faith and you'll get through it all and maybe have a nice peaceful New Year!

AZ Mommy said...

I somehow missed the give away AND the flannel sale at Joann's DANG! My Aunt made me some flannel burp rages when Tay was born.
December will look up. And look on the bright/positive side, at least you got to burn your tongue without 3 kids clambering for a taste, AND also you were able to be rescued by your husband because he felt well enough to do it.

Jenell B said...

Hey you! I noticed that the My wife is hot! shirt in your shop is reserved for someone. Any chance I could get a custom order? Size Large? Don't care about color or anything, something semi manly. lol. Let me know.
brooksfamdownunder@gmail.com or fb me!

Belinda said...

I hope things look up for you in December. Last time I got hot coffee at fast food place, I forgot it was hot. I was used to ordering the iced coffee. I got a straw and sucked it up....you can imagine the result.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm going to send a personal letter to Santa requesting a more than marvelous 2011 for your family. :)

Amberlee said...

Ya know... I have a little "theory" for you...ya see I DISLIKE Mondays--- the kids seem grumpier,You have to face school or work again, your once clean house (from Saturday cleaning) is now a disaster. Anyhow, occasionally my Mondays carry over into my Tuesdays- and those days stink too BUT by Tuesday night or Wednesday things are looking brighter. Maybe December 2nd (your Tuesday) was too close to November (your Monday)? Did that make any sense?
Either way I hope things with your van are ok-- I sure love ya and hope the rest of your month ROCKS!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates